Sign in to follow this  
Guest Satchmo

Best geforce 4 drivers for FS2K ?

Guest Satchmo

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this geforce malarky.My local computer shop is building me a new system for FS2K cos my MSI6119 + Voodoo5 is just too long in the tooth. The video card is going to be a Gainward geforce 4 T4200 ultra 650XP. As a complete Nvidea virgin, can anyone tell me what are currently the best drivers for FS2K?The rest ofthe system is XP Pro on a Soltek SL75FRV MB with an Athlon PR2200+ with 512M of PC2700 RAM.Cheers:-waveSatchmo

Solely for FS2002, I'd stay with the 29.42's. But you'll get lots of opinions on this one :-) . (Or, for a little more speed on some of the other apps, the WHQL 40.72's).Trip

I have a visiontek ti4600 and I love the 30.82'sBobG

I kind of like the 31.40 and i run a Geforce 4 ti4200Good luckRichard

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I'm quite partial to the 30.82s on a Ti4200 @ 2X aniso and 4XS AA, with most FS options maxed and running at 1280X1024X32. Looks great and is quite fluid.Cheers,

I like the 30.82s.. not only for FS2k2, but they also run well with all my other simulators/games.GF4 4200 128 Meg.

Bert

For me, with a Gainward GF4 Ti4600 and WinXP, the best so far has proven to be the 40.71, next comes the 30.82. I still have to fiddle with the official WHQL 40.72. But I'm afraid to even try because now, with the 40.71 and the help of RivaTuner, I am getting the most crystal-clear of images in FS2002. So why, I ask myself, would I want to try another driver :)?By the way, if the rating of drivers on Guru3d.com means anything, the 40.71 has the highest rating.

Guest Satchmo

Thanks for all the excellent feedback chaps.I found all your recommendations at Nvidea's site.I'll probably try the 40.71s first with the 30.82 in reserve :-rotorI love this forum! :-beerchugCheers:-waveSatchmo