Sign in to follow this  

No 1600x1200x32 or above option for my new Nv 4600

I am not getting the option for 1600x1200x32 for my new Chaintech video card. I can get 1600x1200x16 but not 32... Is there a newer driver I need to use? Thanks...Also, how (step by step) do I upgrade my video driver?Thanks,Robbie

After you set your desktop you can set it back to what you want. But remember once you do and you change any option in the Display options with FS it will throw you back to 640x480. At that point you will have to reset you Desktop to 1600x200.BobG

Thanks guys! I have downloaded driver version 40.72. Now its just a matter of installing them.

I changed my desktop to 1600x1200x32, and it did not change anything. I still could not set 1600x1200x32 within FS2002.Thanks...

Guest jase439

You can forcibly change it to 1600x1200x32 in your FS2002.CFG file by updating your screen resolution entry.Cheers,J

Robbie, I got the seem results to when I updated to a newer driver like 40.72. I set my desktop resolution to 1600x1200x32 and it did not change a thing in FS2002...When I went back to 23.11, I got my 1600x1200x32 back...As a matter of fact, any driver that I use after 23.11, takes away my 1600x1200x32 res...I posted a message here about a week ago, but got no response..I'm wondering if anybody else have any solutions to this..ThanksTroySys Specs:AMD 1.0GHZ266 FSB512 MB DDRWinXP ProGeForce2 Pro 64MB60GB hdd@7200

You can forcibly change it to 1600x1200x32 in your FS2002.CFG file by updating your screen resolution entryI tried this and it did not work eitherTroy

Guest jase439

I run 1600x1200x32 on a Ti4600 all the time. I can't select 32-bit color from FS either, but setting it in the CFG file is all that I do and it runs like a champ every time.Maybe you're outside your monitor specs - or possibly you need to update your installation of DirectX. 'Course there's always the outside possibility that the video card itself is bunk.Barring any of that you can always try running at a lower resolution with Quincunx FSAA (no texture sharpening) and 2x anisotropic filtering enabled. The image quality is quite comparable.J

Is there a visual difference between the x16 and x32?Thanks,Rob

Guest Don_Eliot

This might work for you anyway it did for me. I tried the desktop at 1600x1200 and fs2k2 still didn't show it but someone suggested setting desktop higher. I did that and sure enough the 1600x1200x32 showed and worked in FS. Hope it works for you Don

Guest jase439

Yes, you need 32-bit color if you want shadows and other certain visual effects.

I had the same problem, but with a Radeon 9700. This worked for me (props to Mgbottled for the advice):Change setting manually in the cfg file. It will stay at 1600x1200x32 provided you don't open up the Display settings. You can adjust all other options, but if you open up the Display Settings page, it will reset and you will only be able to get x16. Try it and see: set it manually,go flying, don't

Thanks guy! The above should read 4200 not 4600. I have the 4200! I am using 1600x1200x16 and am getting shadows. I wonder if that means that I really am in 1600x1200x32 but it is only showin up x16...hmmm

Robbie; the simplest way to get 32bit in 16x12 resolution is to set everything up in the display settings the way you want them. Then exit the sim and open up the main fs2002 cfg file, scroll down till you see the res section and change the setting to 1600x1200x32, then save. You will now be flying in 32 res until you open the display settings in game again to look or to change something. If you do so, you'll have to reset the res again in the cfg file. Shadows appear in either 16 or 32 color. They're just black in 16 color and transparent in 32 color. Everything looks much better in 32 color. If you have a 9700 you have to run in 32 color as there is no AA in 16bit color with that particular card. Not yet anyway.