Sign in to follow this  

EditVoicePack vanished my AI-traffic !

Today I installed EditVoicepack 2.1 Beta and I believe it caused all my AI traffic to vanish. I did a testflight with the new posky B744 from Johannesburg to Rio De Janeiro and noticed that there was no AI planes at neither ends. Then I compiled my AI with TCompiler and tried at London Heathrow and it was empty. I got all the aircraft.txt, flightplans.txt and airports.txt in order and they havent been altered. Also my ATC is set to 100% but I couldnt even spot a single GA aircraft.I havent deleted anything from the FS2002 folder in a long time.What could be wrong ? I havent installed anything except the new posky B744 aplanes and EditVoicepack 2.1 today. My AI aircraft were visible yesterday. Can anyone help ? I wouldn't like to reinstall FS2002 all over again cause I would have to backup over 20Gigs of add-on files.thanks in advanceJani

Check your fs2002aircraft folder for default.dp. Check your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder for traffic.bgl. If any or all are missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for the noted files and place in the folders noted.If you replace the traffic.bgl with the fs2002 CD default traffic.bgl, you will lose any AI updates.

Guest lmoelleb

The whole point of a beta version is that it can go wrong, and if it does, you contact the author of the program (which happens to be me) so it can be fixed before release. Posting in random forums is NOT a good idea.EditVoicepack will read the traffic.bgl file, but it opens it read-only, so the OS should not allow the files to be destroyed, and a recompile suggest this is not the case. Do you have a backup of the traffic.bgl file somewhere in the directory structure - if you do, please try to move it out of the FS2002 directory.If this does not help, please contact me - my mail address is in the about box./Lars

Got my AI back up working again :)It was actually some files i had deleted from my aircraft directory that caused the AI to dissappear... all is ok now and EditVoicePack works fine... I tried to remove this post but couldnt :(Jani