Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gregg580

Monitor not "rembering position and size...New(use) del

Guest Gregg580

The few monitors I have had, new and old...once you position your screen and resize for a different resolution as needed, it would "remember" the settings. I got a good deal on a used Dell D1626HT 21 inch trinitron today at a show...beautiful rendering of all things. The picture and game rendering is just beautiful. One anoying problem, I run at 1000x700 on the desk top, and have to reset with the monitor keys to get it all back to full screen after exiting. Also, when entering a sim, I have to reset it also to full screen through the monitor keys. I can hear it clicking when screen is changing back to desk top, or vice versa. Windows XP pro, with Geforce4TI4600. 30.82 Nvidia drivers. Did not have the problem on my 19" Relysis. Any ideas????

Guest SD Sim

Hi Gregg,As you may well be aware, MSFS resets the refresh rate of your monitor when it is launched. On my system, it is reset to 75 KHz (from my default setting of 85 KHz). This resetting is the clicking sound your monitor makes. So the first thing that I would check is whether you have adjusted your screen size for this new resolution. A simpler solution is to force XP to always use a fixed refresh rate. This can be accomplished using the override function that is part of the more help tab in Direct X diagnostics. Be careful, however, as you don't want to force your monitor to run at a refresh rate that is not supported by a reolution you select!!Having said all that, the one other thing you want to make certain of is that you have the appropriate driver for your monitor. I had this problem with a monitor at work, and it was solved by simply installing the necessary driver. Good luck.

Guest Gregg580

David, Thanks for the info. Always wondered about the clicking. Took it back today (licky a 2 day show), got a 21" Mitsubiti(spell?)diamontron and got $60 back. Same thing as Sony. Everything is great now. Was a function of the monitor not remembering. I must say...even though it is slightly used, this is the best improvement to my rig in a long time. I always had to adjust the gamma to get decent pics from my Relisys. This thing is sweet. I am seeing detail and textures I never noticed before. Thanks again.......and as always..........