Sign in to follow this  

New System FS2K2 problems

Just got P4 2.4ghz, 256mb ram, 32mb video card. I added 256mb of ram so i now have 512. I installed FS2K2 and it worked great, then i copyed some of aircraft/sounds/gauges from FS2k2 on my old system over and ever since then its been acting up. The screen flickers and after about a min. or 2 of flyin it will lock up, sometimes give me the error message and shut FS down. Does anyone have any ideas what my be causeing this????????????????????

Hmmm! Could it be the "aircraft/sounds/gauges from FS2k2 on my old system"? Yes, I believe it could be the "aircraft/sounds/gauges from FS2k2 on my old system"!:-hmmmTry deleting the fs2002.cfg file, restart fs2002 to let it regenerate a new fs2002.cfg, and see if the problem clears. If so, you will need to setup any changes to your fs2002.cfg file, such as settings for joysticks, display, etc.You could also copy the present fs2002 folder to a safe area on your hardrive and rename the copy fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 using the Windows Add/Remove Programs menu, open Windows Explorer and delete the remaining fs2002 (NOT fs2002OLD) folder, then reinstall fs2002.At this point, you can start copying those dreaded files from fs2002OLD into the new fs2002. I recommend you do it in small batches, check each batch before adding more. Somewhere along the line you will probably hit the problem but if you do it in small batches, you should be able to back the problem out.

Here, here on the backup! With storage as cheap as it is, I keep a copy of a freshly installed FS2002 on another hard disk so I can easily get to an original version of a file if need be. I also have a second copy of it being freshly 'modified' after several third-party add-on's have been applied (aircraft, scenery, AI, etc) as well.Scary thing is that even in a RAR'd format, it approaches 2gb! :-eek

thanks for the help, ill give it a try here in a little bit. Let you know how it goes, i also might take out the RAM i added, cause im pretty sure i didnt any problems before that.