Sign in to follow this  
lmponte

Antialiasing problem

Well I join the those annoyed party... I upgraded the computer to:ASUS P4PE MBIntel P4 2.53Ghz processorGainward GF4 ti4200 128mb ram512MB pc2700 ramWindows XP Home SP1currently using the Det 40.72 drivers I can fly for about 5 minutes and then it usually locks up and says "FS has encountered an error....would you like to send a report MS?" I have tried a whole host of the drivers from the NVIDIA and guru 3d sites, reformateed and installed stuff 3 different times, even went back to WIN 98SE one time and encountered the same problems. Those 5 minutes when I have it all maxed things are usually amazing on the screen with everything maxed, but just cant get any further than 5 mins. Hope they come up with a fix soon, I can't afford it but I might have to go to a radeon video card if people are having great luck with that. The wife will go through the roof if another package shows up at the door. :)Travis

Hello.Yesterday on a french forum I have learn something interesting (but maybe you already know it). NO it is not the magical solution but maybe the begining :. Our problem occurs only if you play FS in FULL SCREEN mode with AAx2. So one possible solution is to stay in full screen and when you need the menu (alt) or the right click you can make a alt + Enter to switch in windowed mode and in this mode everything is OK, and after you have made your stuff you make alt + Enter again and switch back to full screen mode. I have made a test with everything maxed out except for mesh complexity at 87, with the cessna at Meigs during a clear weather day ready for take off with AAx2 --> 40 fps with AAx4 --> 20 fps.Kristof

Yes, I already knew that, and the solution you proposed is not vey practical, because even if you go to window mode for accessing the menus, the screen will freeze if you put your mouse over any gauge, so you cannot fly in Fullscreen mode. If you want to operate any control, the screen will be frozen during the time you do so.______________________________________________Lu

Oh you are right this is not practical and I don't intent to do it even if as I do not use the "pop up legend" it should not freeze the screen I think.Kristof

Well, can the pop-ups be disabled. It would not be practical to switch to windowed mode to access the menus, but if we can disable the pop-ups, and stop the screen from freezing, that would be a fairly good solution______________________________________________Lu

Hi. yes the popup can be disabled I don't remember exactly where but I think it is in the display parameters in FS.Kristof

setting general and there you can switch SHOW COCKPIT TOOLTIPS on and off.

Hi I have a Gainward GF4 ti4200 128MB card and I had the same problem as you guys till I got the 42.86 drivers just today. I tried FS in fullscreen, AA at 2X, Aniso @ 2X also and I had no problems with weird menus, freezing images etc etcI got the drivers from www.guru3d.com. I'll let you know if anything happens when I do a proper flight later on tonight.A319

Hi. Ok I am already waiting to hear more from you and I will give a try to those drivers. Thanks Kristof

Hello Did a flight with 767PIC online. Whenever I brought the overheadpanel, throttle quadrant, or FMC there was no problem, but when I tried to hide them the panel would pause for 1 second. It was long enough for me to notice, so I reinstalled 41.09 and I have no problems now. This is getting really weird. There are some other drivers I've seen that I haven't tried yet. I'll try those and let you know what happensSo far:41.09 : Everything is fine as long as AA is set to 4X or higher42.86 : 767PIC - whenever I hide the overhead panel/FMC/throttles, the panel pauses for about one second

Hi. I have tried many of them and none solve the problem. Which version of DirectX do you use ??. thanksKristof

That seems to solve the problem for me.... Not tried the PIC 767 though....______________________________________________Lu

Hello I installed the 40.72 drivers, tried 767PIC and PSSA320. Antialising set to 2X and Anisotropic set to 1X. Switched FS between fullscreen and windowed mode more times than I could count! No problems at all. No freezing views, no pausing panels etc etc Seems to have solved my problems! I will be playing around a little more and I'll try different aniso/AA settings and let you know what happensA319