Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

WinXP + CH ProPedals USB = Disaster!

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Happy New Year to all.May 2003 be a PEACEFULL year!I recently upgraded my Operating System from Win98SE to WinXP Pro. I have also applied the ServicePack 1.I am asking for help because I have a BIG problem with my CH ProPedals USB. The problem has been addressed before in this forum (as I found out by searching a bit), but none of the solutions proposed worked for me. I also applied to CH directly pending their comments.Upon pluging in the USB Pedals they were recognized without any problems. Testing them through the Control Panel seems ok although the toe brake axis were jumping around. The slider looked a bit off center.Trying the pedals from within FS2002 I noticed that the a/c were shifting to the left. I was flying the default 737 at the time so it was not torque effect. Loading the PIC763 and going into the lower EICAS status page, I noticed that the rudder was shown off the center to the left.Trying to fix it with the use of FSUIPC worked a bit but not as should. Looking at the values displayed by FSUIPC I got the following:Full Left : -16383Center : -2040 to -1280Full Right : 16383It's pretty clear that even though the rudder is PHYSICALLY centered it's NOT according to WinXP! When trying to calibrate the pedals, the slider (the rudder axis) goes from 0 to 255 (full left to full right) but when in the center it displays 150 to 175 (65-72%) istof 128 and 50%.Have tried to force the Win98 drivers of the pedals without success.Any ideas? I am SURE that the problem is a driver issue of WinXP. I have the pedals for 3 years now and never had a problem with Win98!Also tried them on another PC again with WinXP and SP1 applied... Same behaviour.Your help is much appreciated.Best wishes to all,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

>Happy New Year to all. >May 2003 be a PEACEFULL year! >>I recently upgraded my Operating System from Win98SE to >WinXP Pro. I have also applied the ServicePack 1. >I am asking for help because I have a BIG problem with my CH >ProPedals USB. The problem has been addressed before in >this forum (as I found out by searching a bit), but none of >the solutions proposed worked for me. I also applied to CH >directly pending their comments. >>Upon pluging in the USB Pedals they were recognized without >any problems. Testing them through the Control Panel seems >ok although the toe brake axis were jumping around. The >slider looked a bit off center. >Trying the pedals from within FS2002 I noticed that the a/c >were shifting to the left. I was flying the default 737 at >the time so it was not torque effect. Loading the PIC763 >and going into the lower EICAS status page, I noticed that >the rudder was shown off the center to the left. >>Trying to fix it with the use of FSUIPC worked a bit but not >as should. Looking at the values displayed by FSUIPC I got >the following: >Full Left : -16383 >Center : -2040 to -1280 >Full Right : 16383 >It's pretty clear that even though the rudder is PHYSICALLY >centered it's NOT according to WinXP! When trying to >calibrate the pedals, the slider (the rudder axis) goes from >0 to 255 (full left to full right) but when in the center it >displays 150 to 175 (65-72%) istof 128 and 50%. >>Have tried to force the Win98 drivers of the pedals without >success. >>Any ideas? I am SURE that the problem is a driver issue of >WinXP. I have the pedals for 3 years now and never had a >problem with Win98! >Also tried them on another PC again with WinXP and SP1 >applied... Same behaviour. >>Your help is much appreciated. >>Best wishes to all, >George Dorkofikis >Athens, Greece

I'm not having the same problem as you are but a similar problem.I have an older set of Thrustmaster Rudder Control System rudder pedals that worked fine with Win98 but not XP. XP simply won't recognize them. I've looked for drivers for them with no success.I can get them to work if I hook them via a Y connection to another controller and attach that to the gameport but then I have a problem with the throttle. I use either a CH Yolk or a Logitech Wingman joystick depending on the situation. If you find a solution to your problem I'd love to hear it...perhaps it will help me as well.Craig Evansftd1949@cox.net

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ok... Have reformated my old PC (now used by my son) and installed Windows 98 Second edition...Guess what... No problems with the pedals!I am 100% sure that the problem lays with the DRIVERS OF CH FOR WINDOWS XP.If ANYONE from CH is reading this, could you PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?Thanks!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece