Sign in to follow this  

A few real world shots

Jeff, where were those pictures taken? It looks alot like southern Florida ICW. I've towed banners up and down the ICW from Palm Beach to Miami and I don't recognize that airport.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Seems my previous reply isn't coming up, but anyways nice pics all, that one by Yannick is fabulous! :D

Not only mine but the other two who posted here. Yannicks shot of North West France is spectacular as is Chris in Florida minus Clouds;-)Yannick here is an area you might recognise running down to Quimper in North West France.Peter

Thanks Peter! You just made my day! The feeling your pictures convey is the reason I continue to pursue a life of flying, and when the daily grind gets me down, pictures like these remind me of the wonders of flight. Thanks!Ken

Guest KenG

The pictures were taken on approach to RW5 Naples, FL. It was on a recent trip Jeff took down here to Florida. I was happy to ferry him from Orlando to Naples.

Ken.Glad you enjoy them :-) One especially for you from a couple of weeks back

Guest KenG

Well, that must have been controller error. ;-) :-lol

Hi PeterWhat aircraft was that, twin engine, Piper Aztec, or BE58 ?Shane

>What aircraft was that, twin engine, Piper Aztec, or BE58 ?

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Hey Peter -Now that you have been playing with the Garmin combo for 9 months or so, what do you think of it?I was recently reading about the Anywheremap ( http://www.anywheremap.com/ ) from Control Vision and saw a pilot comment here in the US that although there is a 530/430 combo in a corporate jet he flies, he actually uses the Anywheremap. That surprised me.Regards,http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsnyder99/sigs/name.jpg

Jeffhavent heard of this unit this side of the pond. What does it retail for?cant say I would be into hand held GPS for serious IFR (drop it at an inconvenient moment :-(But that unit looks really neat.The Seneca five has Avidyne, Garmin 530/430 and Skywatch. there are so many functions built into the Garmins that once you get to know the units the complete package works very well.I can pretty well dance my way around the funtions now having been all fingers and thumbs initially.Peter