Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelvinRafi

FOR :MELVIN RAFI! Engine FAN Blade textures Color Fix??

Guest HeavyFan

Hey there MELVIN, This is a Post that shows the FAN BLADE Textures Off Color on the RR and GE Engines Fan's? They are a bright Goldish White looking color! I just want to know if you can update these to a more darker color or Black! This to me throws off the Great looking Engine's but the Fan Color is just off! other than that love the Model!!-:) So look at the Pic's with the Small Arrows pointing to the Fans i am talking about, since i don't have a web site to Link pics to your Forum! I apprecite the Info on this Melvin! Thank's MIKE-:)

I don't think Mel is online very often and anyhow you should go to the MelJet forum on his site to post this instead.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest jase439

Heavy,You *seriously* are in need of another hobby if you are getting your skivvies bunched up over fan blade hues.J

Guest CharlesH

Hi:If you are not happy with the color of the fan blade, then change it yourself. Melvin did a great job with his 747-400 and should be thanked for what he did and not ni-picked to death over something so trival. Give him a break. Charles

C'mon guys, this really isn't something to get mad over.Mel did a great job on the 744, and has the right to say "no" to any minor requests like this. It's clear that HeavyFan likes the 744 and isn't saying that he won't fly it unless this gets fixed or anything else that would be inappropriate.@heavyfan - changing the color isn't very hard to do yourself, just open the file and change away. :)

Guest HeavyFan

To Charles and JASE 439!Ok Guy's!! Now did i say anything in my Post Bashing MEL's 747?? I love his 747 Model! I was just asking if he could look at the PIC of the Fan Blades and see if he ever make's an Update to change the Fan Blade COlor!! So Why so Harsh! I think you guy's need to go back and read my thread more carefully and slowly before accusing someone of not being nice and bashing MEl's Work!! I also posted this in his forum, but i cannot upload the PIC to his forum unless i have a seperate addy to link Pics, unlike Avsim which is more easy!! I do not understand sometimes why threads like this become Flame wars!! When some people do not take the time to read it carefully, they just accuse before they think and type!! AS THIS IS NO WAY A MEL BASHING 747 thread, this is a minor problem which i can live with if there is no Update!!! I would have thought to see more nicer comments from JASE for all your work u have done For FS??, well if i am getting my skevies all bunched up, I think u better get a diffrent hobby too for responding like a baby to my thread! And to CHarles:: this has never been mentioned before, so I don't thin i am Nit Picking MEl! SHEEEESSSHHH make it sound like i Psoted this a 100 times, Give me a BReak!! THank's N212NW for understanding my thread! Also how can i change the Fan Color which you have metioned? Thank's again MIKE-:)

Guest Van

Hi HeavyFan,Go to your texture folder and look for the engine fan bmps. You can either open them up and repaint them or you can swap them for a darker fan blade from a different Mel744. I believe the fan blade bmps are in normal format, so you won't need a program like DXTBmp to open them.Regards,Van LCYHMhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest HeavyFan

thank's for the info VAN! what do i use to paint them?? all i have is MS Paint that came with the Comp? Please tell me more info! Thank's for your kind help! MIKE-:)

Guest Van

I actually use the MS default paint program for much of my touch ups, but it does take a bit of practice and patience to get things just right. If you make a mistake you always have the original bmps and trial and error is the best way to learn as I've been there and done that...lol...I would suggest also looking for better engine fan bmps as there are quite a few out there for the various Mel744 repaints.Many people have already changed the color of the fans and you can download the aircraft and simply take the fan textures and place them in the texture folder of the Mel aircraft you wish to change. I do a fair bit of texture swapping if I haven't the time to paint.Regards,Vanhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest HeavyFan

ok thank's, but could you please explain what i gotta do after i open the BMP with MS Paint? Do i just do my painting adjustments, then svae the BMP changes? is that it? Thank's for your Help MIKE! do you have AIM or MSN messanger? so i can chat with you about this online? MIKE-:)

Guest Van

Yes thats all you do, open it and do your painting, then save it and you are all set. Many of the textures for GMAX aircraft are in dxt3 format and they can't be opened with a normal paint program. You need a program like DXTBmp to open these textures, then you can paint from there by clicking on the image in the DXTBmp program. This will open the texture in your paint program from within, but the engine fan textures are normal bmps and you need not worry about that. If you ever endevour to do a complete repaint as I have, you will need the DXTBmp program and I suggest reading some tutorials as it can be confusing at first. There is a repaint tutorial section at YeoDesigns.I do have msn and my addy is vanl64@hotmail.comRegards,Van http://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest MelvinRafi

Well, actually, I do read the forums almost everyday. It's just that I might not always have the time to reply daily. HeavyFan, I've answered your question over at the MJ forum.:) Melvin