Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

best WinXP nvidia drivers?

hi all,what are the best drivers for WinXP for Fs2002 with regard to a balance of image and performance quality, i have 43 in at the moment and i cannot play in full screen mode as if i alt tab and get back to the game i get all these weired graphics, however everything is fine in windowed mode.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest FPSFREAK

Head on over to WWW.Omegacorner.com and Download the latest Nvidia drivers for your card. Best out there as far as a lot of people are concerned.Bobby

thx, but i have multimonitor setup, will these drivers work in multi monitors?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest FPSFREAK

As far as I know yes they will as they are the Nvidia series of drivers w all the requisite tweaks and bugs applied and or removed.Bobby

Guest ba747heavy

I wouldn't use the Omega drivers. Some people have had severe issues with them after installing them. As for the best drivers for an NVidia card in XP, I would say it depends on personal preference, and the CARD you have. There is no 'one size fits all' wrt drivers. Never will be either. Experiment until you find what you like. My preference with my Ti4600 is the 43.xx series of drivers(upgraded from 43.00 betas to 43.45s and haven't regretted it). Note the word 'preference' at the beginning of the sentence.

Guest FPSFREAK

Fred,Lot's of problems?? I would say from just this website alone that they are quite popular and in general better performers visually than the Det's. What I have seen is that in at least 80% of the cases it's not a driver issue but an installation issue. But, In the end it's a personal choice.Bobby

Guest ba747heavy

Bobby,There are two extremes with the Omega drivers. No 'in between' per se. One extreme is that they are the micracle that ******* put on earth for Videocard enjoyment, yadda yadda. Then the other extreme is the person who says 'my ie won't work now that I installed omega.....' (not making this up either, this really happened, a person posted this a while back)Seems to me that the extremes are spilt 50/50. Not betting odds in my book. Search around, you'll see what I am talking about.

My experience (GF4-4200-128) is that the 30.82 drivers were the most stable / compatible with older games and such, and that the 43.51 drivers are the best for graphics quality and performance in FS2002.Get them from www.guru3d.com

Bert

Has anyone used the NVIDEA 43.45 driver released in March, which is supposed to be the best for XP systems incorporating compatability for Direct X 9. Dont like to install it until I hear of any comments as I have had problems before.

I tried the 43.45 drivers and suffered sound problems which went away with the 43.51 drivers.

Bert

Guest Blueshockeynut

Also, for those of you who havent tried them yet, you might want to give the Nvidia 44.03 FX Betas a try, I have been using them for the last two days, and holy cow, talk about an improvement in both qualtiy and FPS, I am averaging between 35-40 FPS in the air, on the ground at a major addon airport like any of the German Airport Series, I am averaging well over 20FPS with sliders full to the right. Just remember, they are betas, so if they blowup your PC for any reason, be forwarned.

Guest FPSFREAK

The latest series of Nvidia WHQ Drivers are also very good. Just installed them for a customer who didn't want the Omega's because the weren't Qualified (??) Hey I just build 'em LOL..20+ FPS w sliders full to the right ?? That must be one hell of a G4/440MX. What's your secret ?? And by Sliders exactly which ones. I ask because I have a few people who are interested in how you get such great FR out of that card. I know there not bad but sliders to the right can be a little misleading to those who don't know exactly which ones you mean.And drivers cannot blow up your system so to speak. Even if corrupted it's a simple matter to boot to safe mode, uninstall them and reinstall good ones.Bobby

Guest Blueshockeynut

Bobby,In terms of blowing up the system I was being a bit feiscous in my own words, apologize for that.Now as far as sliders moved full to the right, in the Display Options for FS2002, I mean by the fact that the sliders are fully maxed to the highest possible setting for FS2002, on all of them.As far as the MX440, its the regular Nvidia card with 128meg, DVI out and VGA out. A very hard card to find good drivers for I will admit.Here are links to the drivers that i downloaded:http://www.techconnect.ws/modules.php?name...order=0&thold=0http://www.nvmax.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?dSS=16&file=69Give those a try, I will also take some screenshots tonight as well showing the FPS.

see new post herehttp://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=3739&page=Cheers RichieSystemAsus a7s333 motherboard- onboard sound c-media1024 meg pc2700 333ddr ram (the ram is now running at 266mz to match the bus speed of the CPU, this has given me a performance boost of 500 3d marks on 3D MARK 2001SE build 330)ASUS V8420-TD GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MEG 4X AGP (Running at 270/570 agpx4)AMD Athlon XP 2 Gig Processor running at 1667 mhzMaxtor 5400rpm 40gig hard driveMaxtor 7200rpm 40gig hard drive (FS2002 15.6gig and counting)Dell (sony)19" P990 Pure Flat Triniton 1600x1200x75hz Windows XP ProNvidia 43.51 Drivers (Today!)Windows XP Pro (SP1)DX9a3D MARK 2001SE SCORE 9879 (with 43.51

Guest PaulL01

>hi all,>>what are the best drivers for WinXP for Fs2002 with regard to>a balance of image and performance quality, i have 43 in at>the moment and i cannot play in full screen mode as if i alt>tab and get back to the game i get all these weired graphics,>however everything is fine in windowed mode.>43.51 are really good, they fix some AA problems of previous drivers and offer very good aniso blend of performance and quality.I personally haven't tested the new FX Detonators released this week and frankly I don