Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

747-400 days are here.......

Hi guysI've noticed so many 747-400s coming in and out nowadays, PSS, Meljet, Posky, etc. etc. My question is that what out of the 747-400 realeases are the most high quality flight dynamics and visual model?Theres so many, I can't understand anymore....Thanks Shane

Guest Toni Rauch

Personally, I think that they're all beautiful models and they all fly well.But I think that the Phoenix pack (PSS) has the edge as the plane and liveries are not only well designed, but you get a fully working panel with FMC etc. too.So if you want a really good 747 panel and sound set and wish to fly with authentic avionic systems (i.e. 'the complete package'), opt for that one.Toni.

I think Ill buy PSS 747 for its panel and use it in mels -400ER NWAShane

I think theyre all great, heck, ill buy PSS and use that too, and the posky freeware, haha, now i need 3 computers, So i can fly them all at once LOL.Shane

Guest Boone

By far the best looking model is the new Posky g-max 744. I am in awe of this beauty. The flight dynamics are extraordinary. Freeware panels aren't as good as the PSS but some are really close.Posky's planes though are second to none!Boone

Guest groundpounder75

I think as far as models go the new Posky is great and so is the MelJet but for overall functionality and having the plane work as it should the PSS is the way to go. There aren't any problems with throttle control using the PSS panel with the PSS model. When you use the PSS panel with the MelJet or Posky it may work correctly or it may not. It works for many people and it doesn't work for others. Personally I can't get the throttles to work correctly for the MelJet of the Posky. PSS is a great setup.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:I think all 3 are good, but POSky's flex is a bit rough (from wing view), where I think Mel's is better. Also, the effects are a good go, but trigger outa nowhere (I was sitting on the tarmac and started getting sparks all over :-lol PSS is the real deal if you wanna be realistic though. :)Cheers,Daniel PimentelAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

All of them are good. Yeah I agree I need 3 computers! But I really recommend the PSS 744 panel.

Hi there,I also love to fly with a combination: PSS panels toghether with the Posky Version 3 KLM planes and Meljet Cathay Pacific aircrafts.Only one thing is remaining that I see as a very much like to have: I would love to use it with hardware devices like GoFlight and Aerosoft. The only reason that I have not bought a lot of GoFlight and Aerosoft devices is because of the PSS panels. Only the default commands from FS2002 are usable in the devices. I hope PSS will open up their code just like Wilco has done with their PIC767.That would definetly purchase me the Aerosoft and the GoFlight devices. I do not like to fly the PIC767 because KLM and Cathay rarely use it.Just my 2 cents....Regards, Ferry

Guest shaunm

Hi all Can i just say i also love the way all 747 sail theough the sky. Last night i was jumping between the meljet model and the posky and i still notice that the posky model still has the floating lights above the winglets but meljet seemed to have solved that problem. Thats the only difference i have noticed. Also to consider soon is the relase of a cracking 747-200 by Ralph Tofflemire,that's comeing out in a few weeks time boasting one of the most complicated 747 panels ever for flight sim. That is one i am going to get soon. Santa this year is going to busy with all these great add ons. Shaun.

Guest SIX

I have been running the PSS 747 with the stock visual model for six months and I must say there is nothing that can touch the panel...at all! Just last night, I installed the MelJet 747-400F with the PSS panel. It was the first time I had ever done such an swap up into the pss panel. I used the following skin by Heather Sherman. The paint is AWESOME and the "Lil Renee" on the nose is my Wife's middle name. Heather knows how to paint! http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...hor=&CatID=RootAnyway, The panel and the bird flew just fine! The dynamics have been updated by Johaan Dees, the FD guy at PSS and are "on the money!"Give PSS $12 or so and they will give you the WORLD! ;)-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

This may be twisted, but I bought the PSS 747 and 777 and I was not impressed at first. I liked the panels, but the planes looked wierd.So I put the PSS panels in the Opensky 747/777, later the MelJets, and then in the newer Opensky 747 gmax and I have never been happier. PSS puts out great panels and sounds with their 747/777, but when it comes to looks and liveries they don't stand up to Opensky's and MelJet's. My suggestion is to buy just the base model of the PSS 747/777 and then use the panels and sounds for the other aircraft!