Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Omega drivers, how can I tell I have them working?

Guest FPSFREAK

Sounds like they never installed correctly. Try uninstalling the card through device manager, reboot and when prompted, reinstall the drivers.Bobby

Guest Ali

Thanks but when I reboot after uninstalling it installs the default windows xp drivers by itself.

Guest FPSFREAK

Thats correct unless you click on the small baloon pop-ups as they appear. Either way it's not a problem. Even if you have the default MS drivers installed just run the setup for the Omegas. When finished w the install, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Bobby

Guest Ali

I'm still not "good to go".I rebooted and installed again. Then I installed them manually like you are supposed to via device manager, it says "You already have the latest software installed for your hardware". I get this message all the time.I tried installing really old drivers then the Omega's over the top but still no good. I don't know a way around this.I am on 29.42s right now.Cheers.Alex.

Guest FPSFREAK

Alex,Step away from the machine !! LoL. Take a breath..Count to 3..OK? Now sit back down and follow these steps...1: Make sure your running the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. If you are great. If not grab them and install them first. Done w that proceed.2: Go to Omegas website and click on the link for the drivers. If your DL'ing the latest set you are running DX9 Correct as I believe, don't hold me to it but I'm pretty sure the latest Omegas need DX9 installed. Install DX9 first if you haven't already done so.3: If your ready to go click on the driver link and when prompted click on open, not save. When done DL'ing the installation window will fire up. Click on the boxes as they appear and when finished, even if not prompted to REBOOT.At this point the drivers should be installed on your system.If this doesn't work than all I can say bud is your the first. Have never heard of Nvidia Drivers being this hard to install. ATI yes but not Nvidias.Bobby

Guest Ali

Thank you my friend. I will try this and get back to you shortly.Alex.

Guest Ali

I reinstalled and do the next step, installing the drivers manually from the location.This is what I get...Alex.

Guest Ali

Right I think I have them installed now.How can I tell that I have them working or not?Alex.

Guest PaulL01

Bobby,>1: Make sure your running the latest chipset drivers for your>motherboard. If you are great. If not grab them and install>them first. Done w that proceed.Why do you suggest he go on this wild goose chase???>>2: Go to Omegas website and click on the link for the drivers.>If your DL'ing the latest set you are running DX9 Correct as I>believe, don't hold me to it but I'm pretty sure the latest>Omegas need DX9 installed. Install DX9 first if you haven't>already done so.No, they dont need DX9.xx.Alex,Your GF3 is a little old and the Omega drivers use a "hacked" info file that >may< not include your particular GF3 and that may explain why the install is being ignored. Try going to the Omega site and snoop around for the info or post a measage in the forum their and see what real help you get there.

Guest FPSFREAK

Paul,I recommended he make sure he had up to date Chipset drivers as there are issues with driver revisions not being seen w certain Chipset revisions. Don't tell me I'm nuts, I've seen it on more than one occasion.I said I wasn't sure wether DX9 was needed or not. Turns out it's not. So sue me...You'll notice he's also using device manager to install the drivers instead of just downloading them and clicking on the installer. It can be very difficult to install drivers this way unless your a computer genius like yourself.Makes no difference that he has a GF3. The Nvidia drivers are unified and as such will work with a GF3 GF4 or a GF4 wannabe like the MX. He doesn't change anything that prevents them from not working w certain Nvidia products. On this point you dissapoint me..;)BobbyAlex, Download the drivers to your machine and when completed, go to where you saved them and just click the executable. evrything else should take care of itself..Except for you answering a few questions and clicking through.

Guest PaulL01

Try going to the Omegadrive site and post the question on the forum their Alex and you will find the real answers as you do have an Omega specific problem. Then make sure you come back here and let us know how it worked out please.Make sure to provide all your harware information etc..Take care.

Guest Ali

Hey guys, uh this has turned into a little #### contest :), calm down lads.I think I have them installed but how can I tell.Also, I use the executable, BUT, when it is finished a readme comes up telling you what to do next. It tells that you have to do it the way I have been doing it through device manager.Cheers.Alex.

Guest Ali

Hi guys, I just tried these omega drivers and they appeared to have installed successfully and I am seeing a good frame rate boost.Only thing is, when I go to system, device manager and look at my geforce 3 drivers, it says they are the default microsoft ones. This is odd, does this mean the omega drivers haven't actually installed or do they just not sure up in the device manager?Cheers.Alex.