Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Catalyst 3.4 and FS2002?

Anyone tried the new Catalyst 3.4? How are they compared to old versions, especially with regards to FS2002? Faster? Slower? Better/worse image quality?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jeez, Jimmi... I've been watching for someone to jump in with some good words, but nothing yet! I d/l the 3.4s last Friday but was out of town all weekend and haven't been able to install them yet, let alone try flying with them.Hopin' somebody will let us know, but if not by this coming weekend, I should get them installed by then and find out for myself. Been enough good things said over at the forums at rage3d and the only problems I've seen there refer to games I don't have. Of course, I haven't seen anything there referring to FS2K2 either.

Guest Lobaeux4

Just purchased and installed my 9800 Pro, I'm dl'ing the 3.4 now. I'll let y'all know.Lobaeux

Hi Jimmi,I've installed them, but at the same time I installed a new CPU and HD, so I'm not sure what this problem is related to, but here goes:In instant replay, I seem to get a lot of stutters. This does not happen during normal flight, only in replay mode. Did anyone else experience this, or does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?My specs are:AMD Athlon XP3000+,Asus A7N8X Deluxe,512MB PC2700 RAM,ATI Radeon 9700 ProWD 120GB HD 8MB Windows XP SP1DX 9.0aCheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest outtatimeiii

I didn't see any improvement with Catalyst 3.4 in FS2002 or any other game. It just fixed some games that I had that Catalyst 3.2 made unplayable (Links 2003, NFS4 and 5, and a few others).

I also have downloaded the new drivers but haven't had time to install them. Will try to do so in the next couple of days and will report back. King

I have just install it and perhaps it solved my problem of freezing screen as per my post above. I also installed directx 9.0a before installing the Ati driver.Rakham

I finally installed the new drivers and they seem to work fine. I haven't flown too much yet to report on performance. I wonder why when they post the new drivers, they never address Flight Sim. It's always some wierd game I've never heard of (but I'm an old ####). I wonder if they moniter these forums? I do like the card however.King

3.4 are much better for compatibility issues, but not much else, no real noticible performance gains, my 3dmark2001 score went up by about 30 points or so, lol *hardcore benchmark-er here*