Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yoram777

Graphics problem in FS2002 after upgrading to Win XP

Guest Yoram777

Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP (SP1). I am getting some graphics problems when running FS2002. I see pixels on the screen,intermittently, blurred textures, a blinking cursor and the text in the ATC window is not as sharp as it was in Windows 98SE.I have the latest drivers for all my hardware, and tried turning things on and off in the video-card settings. I have enclosed some pics to show the problem. Any help would be really appreciated :). Thanks, YoramSystem Specs:Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz cpu, Asus P4t53-c motherbrd, Soundblaster Live X-Gamer 5.1,Nvidia Geforce 4 TI4600 video card(41.09 winxp drivers), 512 megs pc1066 RDRAM,2-IBM 120 gig ATA100 Hard drives.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10611.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10612.jpg

Guest FPSFREAK

Try going in and uninstalling the drivers you currently are running through the Add/Remone programs applet in control panel. When thats finished try reinstalling the latest drivers for your card. You say you updated from 98SE. Was this a fresh install or an update?. Also, search the threads here for a post on SP1 and slowdowns w FS.I'm running the same board as you and had problems w both my 4200 and my 9700 until I upgraded to the 1009C Bios from Asus. What Bios revision are you running?You can also try using one of the Detonator destroyer tools around to ensure you have all the old drivers removed before an update..Bobby

Guest Yoram777

Hey Bobby, Thanks for your reply. This is an upgrade from Win98 to XP..I have alot of programs and don't want to reinstall them from scratch.I'll check the bios on the Asus website. Where can I get the Detonator tools? Thanks for your help, Yoram

Guest FPSFREAK

Yoram,No problem...You would really be better off w a fresh install though. I here ya about the programs to reinstall though...( I alone have over 100 Add on AC just for FS LoL)Try this link for a Detonator Driver removal tool. http://content.guru3d.com/index.php?page=detonatorrip&menu=0Some people have said they have had problems installing newer Nvidia drivers over older ones without removing. I personally haven't had this trouble but maybe it's worth a try....The Bios update made a huge difference in the stability, performance and the biggest fact the ability to use the Video CArd..Bobby