Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

GoFlight GF166 & P8 configuration

Hi All,Maybe somebody can point me towards the proper post or other hyperlink or even has the answer.Today I bought the GoFlight GF166 for use with my P8 which I bought a month ago. I only have both panels and I was informed I can configure the P8 in such a way that I can use the GF166 for NAV1,2/COM1,2/ADF and XPDR. But how should I assign this on most practical way? Until today I have used the P8 for my lights. Now I would like to use it for changing the frequencies of all navigation on board.How did you configure both items in the configuration screens and FsUIPC? Which buttons are assigned to which function?I would appreciate if somebody could explain this to me or provide me with a hyperlink of the post or website containing this information.Thanks in advance!!

Hi Ferry,Firstly, make sure you're using v1.26 of the GF software available at the GoFlight web site www.goflightinc.com/support.htmlNext, load GFConfig and select the P8 panel on the software by clicking once on the graphic representing it. Next, click on a button you want to assign to a GF166 function.If you decide to assign COM1/2 directly to the GF166 then program it accordingly. The left button on the GF166 can be used to toggle between COM1 and COM2. You could then assign GF166_1_FUNC_NAV1 to one of the P8 buttons and when you press that the GF166 changes to a NAV1 radio. Assign another P8 button to GF166_1_FUNC_ADF and when you press that the GF166 then acts as the ADF. If you assignCOM1_COM2_TOGGLE to the left GF166 button pressing that whilst the unit is in another state (ADF or NAV) will revert it to a COM radio.Alteratively consider assigning GF166_1_FUNC_PREV and NEXT to two P8 buttons to cycle through all options with just two buttons leaving the remaining 6 for other options.There's no need to use FSUIPC or anything within FS2002 - GoFlight software does it all.Hope that makes sense.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just bumping this up to the top. I took the trouble to try and help but it seems it's fallen on deaf ears :-(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Just bumping this up to the top. I took the trouble to try>and help but it seems it's fallen on deaf ears :-(Hi there,It has absolutely not fallen to deaf ears! However I am not always in the position to be online and checking out the emails and newsforums continously. Thanks for your effort and I will try this solution out soon!Regards, Ferry

Hi Ferry,<>Sorry about that. Hope it works for you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather