Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar contact V3

Hi allAnyone actually using RC V3 with FS2002 ??Just went to their site and it looks good, manyoptions like the ability to request higher or loweraltitude or the change of destination while en route or the support of multiple flight planners....I just want a honest opinion on that version using FS2002until we get a official revue of it.ThanksLouis

Has it actually been released? It sounded from their site like it was going to be available on Nov. 24th.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest RickT

Radar Contact V3 has not been released yet.

I believe that it will be released to previously registered users on 11/24 and to the general public on 12/8. It's only available via CD this time so it probably won't be until after 12/1 that we start seeing reviews.

R.C. 2.2 works pretty good with FS2002. The RC team does not play around when it comes to this product you can be sure that V3 will be even better and work as advertised for FS2002. Once I get my email from them I will be ordering my V3 copy. If you really want 100% realistic ATC RC V3 is the only way to go :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

At this moment I'm still doubting if I will buy it,as I really like to have realistic AI communications.I know AI will still be there and I even will get traffic advisories,but I like the AI on the same frequency so much so I'm really bewteen two fires right nowany-one knows if it will perhaps be possible to have the default ATC on,so I can still hear the AI aircraft talking?

ask your question in the rc forum, next door. there are a bunch of beta testers that can answer your questions.personally, i think it's great :-lol

>At this moment I'm still doubting if I will buy it,as I >really like to have realistic AI communications.I know AI >will still be there and I even will get traffic >advisories,but I like the AI on the same frequency so much >so I'm really bewteen two fires right now >any-one knows if it will perhaps be possible to have the >default ATC on,so I can still hear the AI aircraft talking? I believe they posted in the RC forum you can turn your Com 2 to the FS ATC freq and you will here the default ATC and AI planes. But no you do not want to talk to the default ATC just RC ATCJohnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

absolutely! tune ms atc in on comm 2. rc will communicate with you on comm1, and you can hear everything else that is going on on comm2.

yes and yes.all versions have supported sids. you can file a star in your plan. fly the star until you call approach. approach will tell you what to expect (as far as a runway). if you want a specific approach, say a vor-dme-a rwy 24, you can ask for it. you will be cleared for the vor-dme-a rwy 24 approach. fly the approach, just like you filed it. (sim charts helps quite a bit here). at 7 miles you will be switched to tower.pop over to the radar contact forum, and find out more.

Guest RobA

Me too! And the answer is yes, yes, yes and yes!Rob

CosmoI have no affiliation with the Radar Contact people and as a matter of fact, I have only owned V2.2 about 30 days. I wanted to respond to your question so you can get another unbiased review.IMHO< Radar Contact is by far one of the best add-ons any serious flight simmer can obtain!!!The reality achieved with RC ATC cannot be compared with FS ATC - They are in 2 different leagues. The only plus FS had over RC was seeing AI traffic. And now with RC V3, that will no longer be an issue. My modest system is set up to run my flights with Radar Contact, Flight Deck Companion, FS Meteo, FS Sky World SE and FS Flight MAx. I enjoy beautiful scenery/clouds, accurate real world current weather including "live" radar from the flight deck, cabin annoucements, checklists call outs, and it is all brought together with EXTREMELY realistic ATC and chatter by RADAR CONTACT !!!To steal a line from an old beer commercial....."it doesn't get any better than this..." THANKS TO jd and his dedicated staff. I anxiously await my email so I may continue my adventures into the aviation world, "as real as it gets"Vincent CarloVirginia USA

let's rephrase that last sentence ;-)version 3 is not an adventure in a FS98/FS2000/FS2002 sense.but version 3 will be an adventure in the sense of being fun, informative, and realistic.