Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Anyone tried a Geforce FX 5900 yet?

I've noticed that the new GF-FX 5900 256 MB cards are beginning to make it to consumers (mostly mail order). Initial reviews are pretty decent. Has anyone tried this card with FS2K yet?

Guest PaulL01

>I've noticed that the new GF-FX 5900 256 MB cards are>beginning to make it to consumers (mostly mail order). Initial>reviews are pretty decent. Has anyone tried this card with>FS2K yet? No consumer has this card yet, first batch won't ship till early July though you can place your order now.

Guest Bigshot

Paul; Alienware has the 5900 Ultra 256mb cards now. They're shipping with their units. www.alienware.com

Guest PaulL01

Thanks for the correction guys, I re-read me info and here is the resulting code...:-rollThe first to market the 5900 was BFG Tech, and though what stood out in my dumb mind was July 4th is the retail ship date but...they started shipments to prominent gaming system builders worldwide on >June 9th<.know doubt it will be similar with other vendors that can get their paws on a these first batch (except for the ones I'm affiliated with :-roll).Hmmm, At an msrp of $499 I think I will be waiting for the price wars later on.

Guest ba747heavy

128 MB is absolutely enough for today's world.What about tomorrow's gaming world? Perhaps it is smart to buy hardware now that will be good today, and tomorrow? My philospohy anyway :)