Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKYGOD

running into a little trouble...

Guest SKYGOD

Hey guys, I received a Dell Dimension 8200 Desktop Computer. It has 80 gb hard drive, 512 mb ram, ge force 3 ti500, pentium 4 2.6 ghz, santa cruz sound system with 5.1 dolby surround, and a dell 18'' flat screen moniter. I have installed my microsoft flight simulator 2000 profressional edition and when i began to start flying the moniter begins to flicker on and off or it my flicker off when i press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse slightly. This has only happened with msfs 2k2. I have directx 9 installed. Are their any patches for this or are their any tips to solving this problem?Thanks.

Guest kilo_sierra17

Are you running Win XP? I have heard issues with certain drivers and XP that cause FS to do this, what version are you running?

Press Start, Run..., type dxdiag, OK. Let directx diagnostic stabilize, if you are not using DirectX9.0a, then update. If you are using 9.0a, check is tab and test each function.Since you are using WinXP, make sure you have SP1 and any pre-SP2 updates installed.As the other poster indicated, the graphics adapter driver information is important. Also the MOBO controller chips drivers are important. To check which controller chips you have, open device manager, open system devices and look for:Intel PCI to AGP Controller...VIA....or SiS, AMD, ALi, etc.

Guest SKYGOD

I'm running regular windows xp on this system i will try these instructions above hopefully it'll work. :)

Guest SKYGOD

alright guys, i have sucessfully got it to work :-hah. I went to dell support and downloaded a 5 mb upgrade of my ge force 3 driver and now my simulator works flawlessly :). I thank the two individuals for helping me in the forum. I have learned a couple new things with my dell. Thanks again. :)

Guest kilo_sierra17

Glad to here that you got it working!