Sign in to follow this  

Frame Rates AI Traffic vs project AI

I have PIII 800 w 512 ram and nvidia 2 64mg video card. I can't get to 10FPs at any major airport unless i turn AI and ATC down to 25%. Does project AI help frames enough that i can increase the percentages in any meaningful amount??? Any help on getting better performance while still being able to use a higher AI percentage. BTW my visibility is at 10 miles and autogen is low as well as dynamic scenery.Thaanks one and all for help

I have the same situation here. But I guess it's not a problem, fps is bound to drop if we have too much AI.

You will definetly see an improvement in FPS with Project AI. Make sure to select both install options when asked so that MS heavies no longer populate airports (you wtill will get GA traffic at approritate atc levels). If you still see MS airlines, FPS will still be low and you'll know you installled wrong.Good lcuk.

Guest freequest

Try turning of anti-aliesing your should get 10fps with that off..

Guest Pabra

I am going to reinstall default M$ ac back as ai, projectai ac are just as heavy or even worse on the frames for me. But they make far better landings! The default just drop on the runway.

I've had over 400 aircraft assigned as AI using default repaints, Mike Stone's A320's & 757's and most of the project AI & FSPainter aircraft available. You definitely get a better frame rate with the planes designed for AI as the textures are not as complicated & in some cases the models are simpler too. Here's a warning-I recently upgraded from a pentium 3-833 to an Athlon 2100+ and since then I have been getting lockups when running FS2002 in Windows 2000, the sim runs about 5fps slower in Windows 98 than windows 2000 but the AI aircraft cause a lockup in Windows 2000 when a number of them suddenly come into view (i.e try to load)- the Mike Stone B757 is my current suspect as I've got a lot of them at some airports (UK charter airlines). In Windows 98 the frame rate drops to an unflyable level on approach but it keeps plodding away at 1 or 2 fps & doesn't lock up.I've tried updating the drivers and upgraded my Matrox G400 graphics card for a GeForce4 Ti4600 but it still does it and the frame rate isn't much better-(what a waste of money!)Too many AI aircraft can cause problems.(or maybe I should have kept my PIII)Aidan.

Hi guysI am running almost the same setting there, PIII 866, 256 mb ram, nvidia geforce 2 64mb, i downloaded the Project AI Air Canada and my FPS were not hit at all, where as the default did a bIG hit, this was at CYYZ, btw.Good luck!-Shane

I have a similar problem when im flying online, every time and a/c joins the session my FS2002 stops and gets really low frame rates,can that be fixed,,,i have a Intel celeron1.80 Ghz and 128 Mb ram is it becaus of the 128MB ???????

Thanks for your reply guys ...... i will try most of your suggestions....this forum has helped me out several times ...thanks all

Guest Boone

Project AI plane's offer much better frame rates than any other out there. The frame rates drastically reduce with the more planes you have. For every one of Mike Stone's A320's or 757's you can have 3 PAI's. PAI planes are specifically designed to be frame rate friendly.Boone

How am I suppose to remove default AI then if I have all Pai installed?Thanks!