Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

NV30 = GeForce FX new Card!

Hi, New card that's I am waiting for, price will drop for next years(Fs2004) and even better card from this models.....Press next at the bottom to see all reports from this card.http://www.guru3d.com/tech/geforcefx/AGP 8XTwice as fast compared to a GeFore4 Ti 4600500 MHz thus effective 1 GHz frequency !!0,13 micron GPU fabrication 125 million transistors (give or take a few, I didn't count) DDR2 memory clocked at 1 GHz 51 billion floating point operations per second (51 gigaflops) in the pixel shader alone Advanced Programmability (3rd generation) High-precision color (64-bit & 128-bit color) High-level Shading Language New Vertex and Pixel Shading instructions Highly efficient architecture (3rd generation Lightspeed Memory Architecture) High Bandwidth to memory and CPU Shaders can be 1000's of instructions long. 8 pixels per clockcycle rendering power 200 Million Triangles per second 64-bit & 128-bit color, this is film-quality precision, in fact a higher precision than the movie Toy Story 2 used. 64-bit offers high precision with 2x the performance & half the memory of 128-bit. As it seems developers want both 64 and 128-bit color precision for advanced effects. AGP 8x (over 2GB/sec bandwidth to the system). Fully DirectX9 compatible Pixel Shaders 2.0 0.13 Micron fabrication process. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Every time I think I've got this technology stuff licked....I was planning on convincing my wife to let me upgrade from 1.8 ghz to one of the new 3+ ghz chips for Christmas. That alone would require a new motherboard. Now, it looks like the NV30 is gonna be a "must have"! May as well trash the whole outdated 1.8 ghz fossil! http://cs-people.bu.edu/pgeddes/flightsim/signature2.jpg;)

Guest PaulL01

Hi Chris and all, This is going to be "the" card to have, as it appears on paper thus far, and in less than a month we will see for sure! :)Though the Radeon9700 is an fact an awesome card, the GeforceFX in FSAA mode is reported to be up to 25-30% faster in DX8 games (Fs2k2 is DX7http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce4_fx/index.shtmlJust go to any of your favorite hardware sites as the news about the great card is all over the place. :)

Hi Paul, The information was from here at gurus3d, anyways they are comparable.http://www.guru3d.com/tech/geforcefx/index3.shtmlOne thing is Nvidia will even get better 3d card in this model to set higher the standard for 3d cards again.What's about the CPU for next years 4ghz and 5ghz? Can't wait for the upgrade :-jumpyThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

The GeForce FX Graphics core will be the fastest, highly programable and most feature rich GPU that can render games with cinematic detail & precision.andThe first thing you guys always want to know though is performance. Performance wise it should be about twice as fast compared to a GeFore4 Ti 4600, :9Source: www.3dguru.com

I'm definitely gonna be grabbing one of these... This looks to be a huge leap over even the GF4 and it'll definitely kill off my current GF3...BTW - the story on the name of this card is that they called it GeForce FX to indicate that it was the first card to combine the expertise of Nvidia and 3dfx into one... I still wish they'd gone with a whole new name and not GeForce again tho.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Wow! 1Ghz clock speed, that's amazing, and 8X FSAA, can't imagine the image quality. :9

Guest Delta_747

"The numbers will get even more interesting when I tell you that they are based on 1280x1024x32-bit colors at 4x FSAA. The NV25 in this case was a GeForce4 Ti 4600 and HQ Pixel Fill = Dual Anisotropic texture @ 32-bit colors."www.guru3d.comIf that is true then this card will kick. It's amazing how fast we are advancing in technology!http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/eric/Delta747sig.jpg

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Wonder how far CPUs and memory will be when FS2004 is released? Hope the price isn't too steep. 3D Marks probably go through the roof, can I venture a guess at 20,000+? :D

Guest JonP01

I wouldn't get overly excited about it yet. Nvidia would have you believe every card they produce is the card that changes the world as we all know it. This has been the case ever since TNT2. My feeling is that by the time the full feature set of the card is available (both in terms of driver maturity and games that utilise those features) the card will only be considered mediocre in terms of performance. Afterall, the Geforce 4 platform (software + hardware) has only really fully matured now, and the hardware is 10 months old! It's a bit like when the Pentium III came out. It had great potential but it took a number of clock speed increases before that platform truly shone. Same here. Some of the features and architecture are there, but it will need to run much faster than this to utilise them competitively down the track. The most logical buy at the moment is either a Geforce Ti 4600 (and you wait until GeforceFX matures and runs much faster) or an ATi 9700 Pro.As Tom's hardware says:"NVIDIA's main problem is that not even the basic functions of DirectX 9 can be used today. The only DirectX 9 version currently available is a public beta version, and games are even further off in a rather distant future. This constellation will make it hard to sell new products based on the (future) importance of their new features alone. This is exactly the Radeon 9700 PRO's strong suit: it combined the theoretical benefit of DX9 support with superior gaming performance in today's games. The Radeon achieves this through its high memory bandwidth, the high triangle throughput of its vertex shaders, and its extremely fast pixel pipelines. When antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are used in combination, the R300 cuts an especially imposing figure and simply dominates everything available in the market today..."And apart from that, I have to say the physical appearance of the reference card is about as attractive as a 1991 model mobile (cell) phone. If the card is going to need a cooling system such as that illustrated (even taking into account Nvidia's undertaking to revise it) it isn't going to help the retail price, and the fact that it currently takes up two slots isn't going to help either.

It's great on paper and it's the first gen using the 3dfx stuff. And just like all first gen stuff, there's going to be bugs to go with the hardware. I'd like to see the reviews in the next couple of months though.

I'm in the market, but not sold on either...yet. Perhaps NV30's best feature is that it will make the 9700 affordable.

As a 3Dfx Voodoo3 user at the moment (go ahead, laugh, I know you all got shiny GeForces), I have to say I am extremely pleased that nVidia has decided to carry on some of the 3Dfx legacy finally.I'll be building a new computer next year around the time FS2004 comes out. I'll be sure to put one of these cards in the comp.But as always, I will never buy anything when it first comes out. I'll read the reviews and wait for them to fix all the bugs that come out.Regards

Guest PaulL01

The most logical buy at the >moment is either a Geforce Ti 4600 (and you wait until >GeforceFX matures and runs much faster) or an ATi 9700 Pro.Dont see any reason for waiting for the FX card to "mature" as is in raw performance it will easily handle the R9700 plus you get 8x AA sampling compared to ATI's 6x :), I just want to wait for it to become available so I can put one in my box! :)>The Radeon achieves this through its high memory bandwidth, the high >triangle throughput of its vertex shaders, and its extremely fast >pixel pipelines. When antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are >used in combination, the R300 cuts an especially imposing figure and >simply dominates everything available in the market today..." That is what is currently "available in the market today" as in >>>TI4600 etc.you sound unfamiliar with the specs,You might want to continue to read the article and recheck the figures as at the FX's current speed its pixel and triangle fillrate easily match if not dominate the R9700, and with its small die, there is plenty of headroom left for more speed while the r9700 is will be taped out.But your right, dont get all caught up in the hype as per FS2k2 it is still a CPU limmited game and the only real gains will be when running at high res, FSAA and aniso, and in that regard we will all just have to wait to see the results of testing.Take care.