Sign in to follow this  

Wilco Airport 2002 V.1

all right i have finally been able to get my hand on a copy. i got the store to check their delivery boxes to get it out.first impression is very poor why,well first let me tell you what system i have P4 1,500 MHZ 768MB RDRAM PC800Nvidia Getforce3. 64MB40Gh hard drive. i have FS running on max, i get good frame rates. i can get up to 70FPS in not so heavy areas, and i average about 8-12 PFS with Simflyers's dulles airport, so with airport 20002 i am getting about 3-6 FPS this is without running FS on max.i am not a happy camper, i can go on on with this, but i am upset just to talk about it. i will give some more feedbacks when i get some food in my stomach, considering been fasting all day. :-mad

plus looking from the 2D panel i can't really see the airport all i see is the ground the scenery dissapears everytime you go to the 2D panel.

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I just got my Airport 2002 today. The scenery is good. I don't know how they compair to others, like Simflyers. FSNAT is interesting. It adds some nice realism to FS. The 737-700 is a real disappointment. Model is poorly designed, I really don't like the display. 2D panel with 3D landing panel would be better. It does not really work in my system either. So far, I would give Wilco a D+ for this product. They really could have put some time and energy and make a better flight model and pay attention to their 3D panel, its very difficult to read.Charles

What I hate about Wilco's release is that everyone is getting a copy but me. I paid well in advance and they processed my credit card without hesitation, why can't they deliver the product to me before it hits the stores? Now I'm faced with seeing it on store shelves and not being able to buy it without paying twice. I have emailed Wilco a few days ago and no reply. I should have known. I fall for this every time.

Ken by the sounds of the reviews here i dont think your missing out on much by not having your copy

well i all ready gave mine back unfortunatly i can only get a gift card but not a rufund.i think wilco should get their priority right before they loose their name if it wasn't of 767PIC they probably won't be hear if i am been hard i am sorry but this is what i feel when i have a good system and i have to go through this.watch out for the Airbus PIC.

Oh yeah Wilco. It's always nice to hear that others have not only purchased the product off the shelf but have already returned it. Meanwhile, having pre-paid for the product...yada, yada, yada.

By the way, I sent email to jd at Radar Contact and he replied within 30 minutes, and this is not the first time he has done this. Great product support jd. I have yet to hear from Wilco after several days, and "No" I will not email again. I shouldn't have to. If this keeps up I will join the boycott of Wilco that I am sure will take place soon.

If you have not received your product yet or and would like a refund, but Wilco has not contacted you. Stop them at the source, your credit card company. Put a stop payment on the card and when Wilco gets the denial they will not send you the product. Simple as that. I am pretty close with my financial istitution, plus i used to work there, so I know how the game is played. If a company ticks me off and won't refund me, then I just dispute the payment. Since you did not recieve services, there should be not dispute....Just a thought....But here I was wondering how I could get my hands on Airport 2002. All of my local stores don't have it, and I don't want to pay for shipping and handling....Doesn't sound like I am missing out much....

I have had my copy for less than a week and had not one problem.My performance is EXACTLY the same as simflyers and I have AFCAD overlays now that I have made.Mind you I do not max my AI or Clouds out so maybe that's why I get a constant 12-15 FPS.Also you can remove any of the static aircrafts or ground objects by looking in the scenery folders and viewing the file list for the BGL.I will admit at first I felt a bit ripped off but now that i have taken the time to tweak thing s a bit .I really enjoy it now.Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest jase439

"...and when I squinted, the world seemed rose tinted...angels appeared to descend...to my surprise...with half-closed eyes...things looked even better than when they were open..."- M. Gore, Depeche Mode - Violator

Hello,I am sorry you don't give little more in depth look.About performance, you might see most people arranging their settings according to what we recommended and enjoyed the product.You might have seen from me several posts, here and on other forums explaining how to enjoy this product at its best. And most prople end up understanding all the benefits from the product.I am not claiming that this product is perfect (but which one is?,he) but honestly, it is worth more attention than just loading it on your computer and removing it 10 minutes later, without going through all the possibilities described in the manual.Anyway, I am not here to argue but fast judgment on a product like that is in my view, certainly not the way to go.Just my personal opinion,Michael RenousWilco PublishingNB One could write few pages on what are the possibilities of either the airport, FSNAT or the active 3D panel

Ken,Where did you send your e-mail to? We receive litterally hunderds of e-mails, and I am making sure that every evening all have been answered. Please send an e-mail at my attention at info@wilcopub.com and I'll check what happened with your orderMichael RenousWilco Publihsinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Charles,Are you using a 3buttons-mouse or a joystick, using only the keyboard?HAve you been trying the shortcuts CTRL-1 to CTRL-9?Hope to be able to help,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com