Sign in to follow this  

Wilco Airport 2002 V.1

Saw the screenshots of the 737-700 cockpit and lots of stuff are missing, most notably the standby altimeter, Gear lights, the upper (Hey where's the N2, fuel flow and oil data?) and the lower DU.(The Nav map looks a bit awkward as well....)

PIV 1.7(on ASUS) - 512MB - AsusV8200 (GeForce3-64MB) and I experience framerates from 6-12fps (Thats for PSS A320 with Airports2002)...Having GermanAirports installed my framerate was at constantly 25fps (PSS A320 und GAP and nearly all sliders up to max!)As in the Ads for A2K2: "FSNAT is really FrameRateFriendly" - but forget this for the Scenery and the 737!!!Its not acceptable to move at 8fps average. Even with everything disabled and reduced to min in "graphic options" I never get more than 14fps (But why install realistic textures and models and then switch to lowQuality?).And I better forget to mention framerates in the Airports2002/737-700 combination. The same for the features and usabilty (yes even with my 3button-WheelMouse).Dont get me wrong...I really admire Wilcos work in that great and detailed airports but I

This has been my complaint with must addons.People say turn down you settings to enjoy it .I think that is a rude suggestion because I should not have to reconfigure my fs setup to suit only ONE product.I can say though if you turn of AI traffic the FPS at Wilco airports will stay at 25 however I should not have to disable a function to enjoy something I just spent $50 USD on ( $14 came from 2 ground shiping).Iam happy with the way it looks and it did perform well until I started to add my afcad overlays.Even with very little AI traffic my FPS in to KATL droped to 4 and it was not even packed.So now Iam becoming disappointed.My review still holds true because the performance is great by default which is proboly of more importance to Wilco.I can live without AI traffic since I do most of my simming online with VATSIM but I just can't live with a airport that looks incomplete when you companies like simflyers doing near perfect layout with good FPS.Iam not sure why Wilco left out so much .That is the most disappointing part.The 737 performance is horrible and I pray that the A320 not only looks but performs better because it's the only plane I fly (PSS) and I have looked forward to the wilco release but iam not so sure now.Iam not tring to sound insulting and I hope it has not come across that way Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

I use Win ME and I have not been able to even run the A2002 scenery YET!!! Support told me that there is a major issue with Win98 systems and they are working on a solution. I spent my $40 a week ago and have not been able to even see the stuff (get computer out of memory errors and an FS2002 crash if I get near a Wilco airport)If the 737-700 was meant to be a preview of A320 PIC, forget it!! I'm not getting anywhere near that software.I will work hard to make this work before I request a return, but I looks like this product may bomb. Only because of performance issues. I still think Wilco is ahead of its time in seeing where the FS2002 is going, but if the average system can't handle it, you can't sell it.WhadzenMy average systemPIII 1Ghz512RAMNVIDIA Geoforce mx 32MB60GIG HD

Wow, I wonder if they tested it on ME. Is there anyone else that you know of that has ME and also has the problem? Bob

You said "I still think Wilco is ahead of its time in seeing where the FS2002 is going"I think I know where FS2002 is going but not sure I know where Wilco is going (-:BobG

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I think that Airport 2002 is nice, I like the FSNAT and added scenery. However, their 737-700 is a big, big disapointment. It looks like its just quickly made without much consideration. Panels are indeed not readable and frustrating to fly. Will I return it, probably not as the scenery is nice and adds something. But I hope Wilco will do something to the aircraft, it needs help.Charles

Well a few minutes ago like a moron I decided to see if I was getting single digit FPS.Low and behold 8 on the appoarch and then I noticed the stutters because this was stuff I had not reallly WANTED to look for before.On the ground I was getting 5.Ok so maybe I jumped the gun on good performance because for brief period it was performing well or so it seemed.I went back to simflyers 25FPS of course but no AI even with AI it was not 6 FPS i can tell you that.This was with KATL I can not account for the others.I just can't understand why you make things with such a high poly count knowing what it does to performance.Which is key.Iam keeping my fingers crossed for improvment but I WILL NOT RECONFIGURE FS2002 for one product.That is silly.I have never had to do it before and I will not start now.I think if the polycount goes down on the main terminals and static objects things will improve but this is likely to happy.I hope i do not have $50 coaster . Sorry guys I guess I spoke to soon from excitement !Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

well i am the guy that started this topic,i played around with the options,and i got a little better performance.i have tried airports Los Angeles Atlanta, if i switch to the overview options (CLT+S)i get nothing but sand and also when i switch to front cockpit the 2D view i was able to get better performance at Charles De Gaulle. and this is without any AI at all. and i an not able to see the docking system al US Airports nor the Gate Numbers and Airline Logos at jetways plus i can seem to get the jetway to move in position.I Don't Know.

Thanks Michael for responding to my email in this forum. Your presence in this forum is much welcomed as always. I used the support form on the Wilco site to sumbit my query. Is this not the proper way? While you're here could you please explain why I have been waiting to receive your product after pre-paying when others are buying it off the shelf and even returning it? Please look into this for me. I have tried to be patient, but after see many others here talking about the product I am getting a little antsy.Thanks,

>It will not load on my Windows ME machine. I get an "out of >memory error". >Tony That's exactly what I get. Get on Wilco's website and post the problem, so when the solution comes out, you get an email from them.W

Thank you very much for all of the information, guys. I most definitely will not be buying Airport 2002 Volume 1. However, I do have my interests deeply set on A320 PIC. What I don't understand is how you people can be getting such low frame rates on such good machines, when Wilco says that the program has little impact on the frame rates. Obviously Wilco overstated a bit.Regards,

Well it will actually run decent without AI turned on but what's the point in that.I switched back to simflyers katl and had every gate full of AI then the FPS was @ 8 thats is understable but 10 FPS with NO ai traffic to my is not.The reason I believe it's so bad is because the of the poly count in each building.It would have to be really high one to make my machine go into 6 FPS on the ground.Also the static planes are just ported from Airports V3 which were way to detailed for any airport scenery.Same with the ground vehicles used for FSNAT.Do not get me wrong it looks great but that's it.I would have proboly never noticed has I not bothered to really start to inspect everything once the excitment of having a photo real KATL started to wear off.The bottle neck for me is my video card which iam about to upgrade soon anyways.I will proboly get a radeon 9000 pro 128.Iam not spending $400 on the 9700 although it does have a 325 mill pixel fill per a sec compard to 43 millon of the 9000 :) Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3