Sign in to follow this  

Wilco Airport 2002 V.1

Hello again,I'll try to summarize few questions/remarks I have read here.1. Performances : If you do not want to see static aircraft, set your scenery complexity to very dense. Static aircraft are shown only in extremely dense. Therefore having AI aircraft set to maximum and scenery complexity set to extremely dense will be redundant.2. The 737-700 : 2 remarks :It is advised to switch on the cockpit lights even during the day. As well, if you do not use a wheel mouse or coolie head, you would probably find easy to use CTRL1 to CTRL9 to pan around the cockpit and the aircraft. These would actually replace the SHIFT 1,SHIFT 2,... you had with a 2D cockpit.3. Win98/ Me problems:For those who have encountered a problem with those OS, we are working on a solution. We will post it as soon as we have it. Hopefully it won't be too long anymore. We are sorry about it.4. FSNAT scripts : we will be posting some more scripts soon.As well, following some requests, we will be posting a tutorial for making basic modifications (having gates moving towards your aircraft, animating vehicles,...)in scripts.Let me know if I should address other issues.Best regards,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

and also views everytime i switch to the top view i can't see the airport and also if you can tell us at what airports we should expect Docking Systems i can't seem to get it at Dallas Atlanta And LAX.Thanks For Your Time.

Someone a few messages up stated this in regards to his low frame rates:"Wilco says that the program has little impact on the frame rates. Obviously Wilco overstated a bit."No they didnt overstate it a bit, they down right lied. Plain and simple. Hold their feet to the fire guys. Make them explain to us why they advertise what they do. It's your money!!!No spin zone Wilco. BobG

Mr.Renous, Thank you for showing your support in these forum.I have many postive things I can say about this series but I would like to post some statements about addressing issues.These are issues I would liked to see changed if Iam every to remain a Wilco costumer.1.The frame rates for this product are not even close to good.Must of us fly 3rd party aircraft that already take a good enough hit on performance was this considered when making Airport 2002.Should I have to re-configure my system to suite only one scenery, I think not.I believe that if the terminals,static vehicles and aircraft had a lower poly count you could not only add more buildings but get the frames to at least 15 on the appoarch with AI covering atleast 75% of the airport terminals.Most companies can achieve this so I know it's not impossible .What can Wilco do to make the performance right.It should not be up to us.I paid $50USD and trusted in a changed Wilco.Wilco will have to do alot to regain my confidence.2.Building placement at KATL is really off.The hotel Hilton is not only facing the wrong way but it's not even in the right spot.3.The Delta hanger is facing the wrong way.4.where the parking lot of KATL is looks like cargo terminal .5 Why do you blast walls in front of the KATL tower.They are not there in real life?6.Why is it the KORD has a docking meter but no other airport seems to?7 Why are the gate numbers missing from each airport? 8 Why are so many hangars and cargo areas left out ? 9.On the installer for Airport2002 the 737 VC looks alot different then what you get gauge wise.Why is that ? 10.Why where is there a option to be supplied with afcad files that basically the default afcads for most airports LAX,ORD,ATLCapt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hello,I haven't purchased Airport 2002 V1 but after seeing these kind of issues it makes me loose trust in the Wilco Company. I sincerely admire the company or the "team" who designed and worked on the 767PIC this was and still is the BEST addon ever. Hopefully the A320PIC will live up to it and be even better. You know I'm sorry if I'm just ranting on but I believe that Wilco should've just took some more time in designing the product. The thing that would have been a good idea would've been to release more screenshots to the public, and not the "eye catchers" the ones that look absolutly beautiful and extravegant. I really like the way Flight Craft released screenshots of their upcoming A330 to get some public feedback. These kind of actions shows a company that wants to grow and provide the most realistic product availabe, because isn't that the point of "add-ons" aren't they supposed to boost reality, putting buildings in the wrong place having the wrong number of gates is just unacceptable especially for payware. Some people may say, well if you don't like the product then don't buy it, but well that is true, but how do you know that a product is not accurate until you get it. Again I'm sorry for my rant. And Mr. Renous if your reading this don't think that I'm trying to point you out and put you down I'm not . I do not put the blame on anybody but the people who kept their silence. Hopefully things like this wont happen again and hopefully soon we will all be able to enjoy the products that we buy.Thank you for reading this reply.Pilot 737and i'm looking forward to A320PIC

Correct me if I'm wrong...But wasn't 767PIC the hard work of 4 gentlemen...then they had wilco publish it for them? Wilco didn't make it, they just sold it...

Folks,We need to convince the authors of German Airports to broaden their develpments into the states. Anyone with these products (Ger. Air.) will tell you that these folks have perfected the engine required to display superb graphics while maintaining decent frame rates. I have several versions of the Airport series. While I'm highly impressed with the looks and detail of the airports, sadly their impossible to use because of the poor performance. And I agree with the one gentlemen that it is totally silly to re-configure your settings for one airport.We need to start bombarding the folks at German Airports with emails and convey to them the interest we have in seeing them develop airports in the states like LAX, ATL, JFK, SFO etc. etc.

Quite correct.And the 320PIC is being made by a different team (either Wilco themselves or someone else they're going to sell it for).Nothing wrong with such constructs, but it does of course mean that if the 3rd party you work with delivers something that's of a quite different standard from the rest of your work it may have a negative (or in the case of the 767PIC, at least after the bugs were ironed out, positive) impact on your reputation.

GAP is indeed fantastic. I don't think they'll go to the states anytime soon though.Still a lot of work to be done in Germany, and after that they can start redesigning their older work for FS2004 and later...SimFlyers have the US market. I had serious doubts about the performance of their products until I bought one to give it a try.For some reason the demo version just has far worse performance than does the registered version. I guess those huge blocks over the runways have a bad impact?

Hello Michael,Thanks for answhering some questions in this forum.I have problems too with 'Airport 2002 vol.1'. :(The problems are these: I can't get the demo to work with the 'y key' and the demo option in FSNAT?Also in normal mode I hear no sound but I see a "little" scenery moving (my scenery is set to very dense):( .....also I noticed that the FSNAT objects I saw (again, just a little) move with a lot of "stuttering" while my AI traffic goes (almost) normal?.....my machine works on 2100Mhz CPU with 512MB DDR Ram and A Geforce TI4600 Videocard....that must do the job isn't it!?....no way, FSNAT uses a lot of framerate!(Also its very hard to create some active scenery by your self....its not that 'userfriendly')!!!By the way, It takes a 'very very' long time before the scenery starts......why?....and therefor the scenery to load in FS2002!?At the moment I am not realy happy with the package :( Bestfmcdude