Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Graphic distortion problem

Hello,I have a small graphic distortion problem I hope someone can help me with.First my system: Win XP Pro, Nvidia Geforce 3 ti200 with 640MB of Ram on a 2GHz processor (Pentium 4). The latest certified 40.72 drivers from Nvidia. I have tried other drivers as well. The problem: Some examples; With 2D panels in "cockpit" view and also in "spot view" looking at the night sky, I notice spots (colour distortions) and different coloured layers. If a use any picture viewer to separately look at eg. the same panel bitmap these spots are not visible. It is only within the game. I searched the forums and I do not have black spot problems like others have had only slight shifts in colours from the original intended colour. I have tried tweaking with different settings within the games display settings as well as with the Nvidia settings but without success. Any help would be appriciated. Perhaps this is normal!?Thanks

HiIf you are using 16 bit colour resolution try changing it to 32 bit in the game. It happened to me running at 1280x1024x16, but when i changed to 1280x1024x32 everything got fixed.Cheers

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Most likely running AA from within FS or not running in 32 bit colour. First try 32 bit colour, if that doesn't work then download rivatuner from www.rivatuner.com and set it to force AA in Direct3D programs. You can disable AA from within FS's graphics settings box and it should still have effect.HTH,