Sign in to follow this  

hardware tweaks

Hey,I have a few questions on hardware.I want to get the best image quality I can with my graphics card.I bought the new GeForce FX 5200 PCI (no agp slot) and under performance theres a bunch of settings i can change.How do i get rid of those jagged lines.I have:P3 1Ghz256 MB RamGeForce FX 5200 PCI (latest Detonator)Win2kpro SP4My FPS arnt bad (15-30 daytime flying around chicago w/Normal AutoGen and Extrermly Complexe scenery)My main objective is to acheive better quality. I see so many people with super good looking screen shots.

You have a couple of choices.. all of them involve some trade-off between visual quality and performance (fps)1. Resolution: 1024x768 or 1280x960 or higher2. Colour depth: 16 or 32 bit colour3. Level of anti-aliasing (removing those jagged lines): 2x or 4x4. Anisotropic filtering: 0, 2x, 4x ..For a 1 Gig system, I'd suggest you start with 1024x768x32 and 2x anti-aliasing, everything else on default..Within FS2002, you can test multi-texturing on or off.. also water effects (suggest "detail only")BTW.. do not enable anti-aliasing within FS2002, only in the display adapter settings.From there, you can experiment.. BTW.. 256M memory is awfully skinny.. suggest adding another 256 if you can..Enjoy!

Bert

I have tried 3 times to add memeory but they memeory has never worked.I figure why waste money on this system anymore. With no AGP and max at 512 RAM, its just not worth it in the future.OK. Why not trutn on anti-aliasing in FS?

I'm not sure why the anti-aliasing settings work the way they do, but others have found that forcing AA in the adapter settings works better than enabling it within FS itself, and on my system that is also the case.. I have a ti4200 video card.You can try it either way.. whatever works for you is what you should go with!

Bert

Still on my quest for best performance:Antialiasing: Whats the different bettween 2X, 4X, and Quincunx? Whats besT?Whats ansitropic filtering? Whats the best setting?What is the setting in flight simulator called "Filtering" with Bi-linear and tri-linear filtering?