Sign in to follow this  
Guest outtatimeiii

frame-rate survey

hi,What FPS do you get in default meigs flight, ready for take-off, AA on, 1280x1024x32 ? All maximized. Multi-texture off.I have:Athlon Xp 2000+Asus A7V333768mb DDR266GF4ti4200 128mbI get:18-23 FPSThanks,Ulisses

on a P4 2.26Gigabyte moboLeadtek GF4 46001 Gig 2100 ddrAll maxed out AA on 1280X1024X32 Clouds on ATC 30%25-30 fps I normally limit fps at 20 fpsCopulaterCookie

You need to specify a plane and view, as that has a major effect on FPS. Also need to specifiy no 3rd party software running(FSMETEO FS SKYWORLD, as that has an effect as well.

I tested with the default meigs flight, default cessna, default view, no 3rd part software, clear sky.Thanks,Ulisses

Is the using the C-182 2D cockpit? Using the C-182 2D cockpitwith all settings enabled and maxed including aircraftDefault weather 14.4-17.6I am not sure which to turn off for multi-texture. Let me know.Winows 2000ProAthlon 2100+Asus A7V8x (VIA KT400)512DDR 333WD80 (8meg cache)GForce 4200Let me know which to disable for multitexturing and makke sure we are using the same settings so that I can adjust to yours.Rob

Yes, 2D cockpit...Multi-texture checkbox is just bellow Anti_aliasing, MIPMAP and T&L.I found multi-texture is a big FPS killer.It looks like the systems are working fine....:)Thanks,Ulisses

I'm getting 30.2 on average with multi texturing on or off.P4 2.4b overclocked to 2900 with AVC SunflowerASUS P4S533512 MB Samsung DDR 2700Leadtek Geforce 4 4200 128MB overclockedChris

Guest outtatimeiii

I got around 25-30fps on my Radeon 7200, and 6fps on my Banshee (16-bit) in other computer. Something seems a bit odd about the fps on my Radeon....It seems a bit too high for max settings :) LOL The fps went up when I went in fullscreen than in the regular window (800x600)