Sign in to follow this  

Any way to continue the same flight plan with ATC after

Dear friends Is there any way we could continue the same flight plan with ATC after it has cancelled the flight plan, without having to restart the flight over gain if we want ATC guidance? That is whether there is a way to ATC to vector us to the destination airport, even after it has cancelled the flight previously. ThanksShri

Guest SIX

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. I seriously doubt it and I have desired that for a long time. I think you will see something of that sort when FS2k4 come along.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Take a look at this thread, maybe it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Actually I think there is a way, I have not tried it yet but here goes. A few days ago I read somewhere on this forum that there is a version of FSUIPC that allows you to select an option to file a flight plan without reloading the sim. The topic there was declaring your intention to go to an alternative airport. My thought is that if you have this option checked and ATC cancels your flight plan all you have to do is file another plan to your destination. Like I said I haven't had time to try this yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

FSUIPC has had the "No reposition on GPS plan load" on the Technical Tab page for quite some time.If you are airborne, the trick to starting or restarting an IFR flight plan is to select an airport in the immediate vicinity of your present flying position. If you try to use the original TAKEOFF airport, the aircraft will try to return to the original airport to start the flight (do you really want to fly those 2 1/2hours over again?:-bla ). If you use a nearby airport, the aircraft will fly to this point then proceed to the next waypoint as usual.

Ahh, my most humble appologies for my glaring mistake! :-roll

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

jerrycwo4 YES THER IS. Use the "go back" feature in LAGO's "FSASSIST 2002 and you can 'restart' your flight going back for 5, 10, 15, 20 etc minutes and start right BEFORE ATC canceled your flight.The below is from LAGO's FSASSIST web site and it explains how the program works. I use it all of the time when, for some reason, ATC cancels my flight jerry"AutoSaveA function that proved very popular in the previous version. It serves as the

Guest RonB49

Pete Dowson (FSUIPC) offers a freeware program that automatically saves your flight at intervals determined by the user. Like the LAGO program mentioned above, you can go back to a flight that was saved just before the IFR cancellation. R-

I followed the link to the other thread which apparently describes how you can reselect another destination in the air and have ATC vector you there. I have followed the instruction to the letter and it doesn't work. Whenever I go to the flight planner and select a new flightplan, ATC regards me as VFR. It was suggested that you may need to call clearance at that airport but I have used FSnav to find out Ground/clearance frequencys for my new departure airport, then entered them into the COM radio but nothing. I am very proficient with flightsim and cannot understand why if it works for someone else, it is not working for me? I have tried this now three times, at different locations and re selected my destination at different stages of my flight, end result is still same and I become VFR.Any other suggestions please, as I really like the idea?Thanks.