Sign in to follow this  

Everlasting CH Products Problem

For several YEARS (yes, and I do mean years) I have had this funny problem with my FlightSim Yoke LE. It just up and quits some times. And, when it does, the hat fails in the up position, the throttle in full, and the aileron/elevator axes full up/left. Of course, it's not long before the aircraft crashes (if I got airborne) and I've wasted lots of time.It doesn't always happen right away, but it usually does. I've tried everything that I could to make sure it was the yoke. We're talking different motherboards with different chipsets (NForce2 and Via), using onboard USB and PCI USB cards, self-powered USB hubs, you name it. It all comes down to the yoke. I've made sure that the hub isn't allowed to power down in WinXP, etc. In other words, it's gotta be the @#$* yoke.So, my question is, doesn anyone else have a similar problem that they've fixed? I have an early model yoke and this caused some problems when they made drivers for WinXP (remember waiting for those?!) that required some personal troubleshooting by a CH rep and a release of a new driver.So, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.Thanks for listening,Chris

I have a problem with my yoke too, it worked for about 3 months and then the top 3 positions in the HAT switch stopped working.Dissapointing, really.

I have *always* had a problem with my CH Products yoke (often) and pedals (less often) just freezing. No movement of the device causes any response from the computer. I don't know what causes it - hardware, software ,or what. Fortunately, I discovered that just unplugging the USB lead from the hub and reconnecting it is enough to quickly bring the device back to life.I use a powered USB hub on Winodows XP and Windows 2000 before that. Never had the problem with any other USB-connected device, like my mouse. Just the two CH Products devices.I figure that a known problem with a known workaround isn't too bad.Nick.

Guest cj_flys_wmu

Hey guys!I have had similar problems in the past with my Flight Sim Yoke LE. The sim would run fine for about 20 minutes and then just go nuts. Try going over the CH Products website and downloading their joystick utility here:http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_controlmanager.html I have been using their little program for a couple of months now and it seems to work great. After you install it, it automatically runs when you double click on the start -> settings -> control panel -> game controllers.This should solve your CH Product woes as it seemed to have solved mine.Take care guys!-CJ Starr