Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfw

RealAir SF260: incredible !!!

I took the plunge and bought the Siai Marchetti SF260 by RealAir Simulations. Installed it and went out for a quick dusk spin from Kalmar, Finland.I can only fully agree with Steve 'Bear' Cartwright: this is the *best* light GA plane I've ever flown or seen in FS. It looks razorsharp (the VC is unlike anything I've seen before), handles like a dream and it gives you the feeling of really flying in small plane. This one really pushes the envelope, it's a whole new experience to fly.ciao, Dr.J (not affiliated to RealAir or any sim company for that matter :)

BTW, Kalmar is in Sweden, not here in Finland ;-)Or at least last time I checked, the finnish border wasn't that far in west :(

Hi,Make the experience even more immersive with "Active Camera", than it is a totally incredible airplane (I have set the parameters to 0.75 for the "head latency" and 1.0 for the "ground turbulence"). I am addicted to this plane :-lol.hm

I completely agree. The SF260 is a magnificent plane. However, does anyone else experience heavy resistance in their MS sidewinder Force Feedback when making sharp turns. Maybe, this is how the real airplane is? Would someone be able to explain this? I like a bit of resistance in the force feedback, but for some reason the SF260 feels like it is going to break the stick right off. It is a small sacrifice for such a great airplane. I love being able to make it spin!Thanks,

We issued a service pack notification on all the forums some time ago for those having sticks which make FF a little too strong. It was quite difficult to accomodate all sticks as they tend to differ in the amount of force they give.Please e-mail me at rob@realairsimulations.com and I will send you and anyone else with this problem a FF adjustment which should tone down the response.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest kdfw

Hi,Active Camera's neat, but if one wants immersion, then 3D glasses w/ trackIR should be on their XMas wish list.Flew around Dallas last night, love this aircraft. Pat