Sign in to follow this  

Airport 2002 V1 FSNAT not working

Well...This is a prime case of "Caveat Emptor"...I should have read the posts here before getting AP2K2 V1.I installed the software, fired up FS2002 went to LAX, went to "Spot" view expecting to see FSNAT in all its glory... What did I see??? NOTHING!!! What did I hear? NOTHING!!!Checked the display settings, everything set to "VERY DENSE". Went to "OptionsFSNAT". "Sound" and "System" both enabled. Tried "Demo", nothing. "BGL Control" It shows the objects, try to "Teleport" nothing.This is VERY frustrating... I've spent the last 6 hours trying different settings, uninstalling and reinstalling AP2K2 and cussing out my computer...Looks like I'll uninstall this thing and reinstall the Simflyers Scenery. At least they had the aircraft parked at the right terminals (and they had gate numbers)!And don't get me started on the 737-700... poor cockpit graphics, non GMAX, unreadable FMC and the list goes on...If anyone knows any tricks to get this up and running I would appreciate it... if I can't get it to work properly it looks like I'll have a new $30 coaster!:~PKen

Ken,FSNAT is working properly don't worry...First of all, Teleport will work only in slew mode.Secondly, FSNAT have been arranged to work in most airports (KLAX being one of them)in a sequence. It means that you'll see aircraft landing and then you'll start to see the activities around the aircraft. SOme vehicles will go from one aircraft to another...In some other airports animation will be available as soon as yo get there.Once again, you are free to change whatever you like in FSNAT scripts if you want to change the animations yourself (or use other people's scripts).About the 737, are you using shortcuts (CTRL1 up to CTRL9) to pan around the cockpit and the aircraft? Are you using a 3 button mouse, did you try switching on the cockpit light?Hope it helps,Michael RenouwWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Hi Michael,Guess I can put my foot in my mouth now!!! :-laugh1Going into "Slew" wasn't in the documentation so I never tried it... I also found the "invisible" plane which also wasn't in the documentation.Got movement all over the place... now I gotta figure out how to work with the scripts...As a suggestion, you might want to put the correct procedure for seeing FSNAT in action on the Wilco web site since it isn't well documented in the supplied manual or PDF's.Ahhh... Panel lights!!! Looks better... Now to figure out the FMC...Does it handle SID/STARS or do we have to input it manually?Thanks for the response...Ken

Guest ZLA_JY

I was saddened to see that the airport scenery wouldn't acknowledge my presence. I was very dissapointed to notice that the terminals wouldn't dock up to your aircraft and no service vehicles would come to you, only the other aircraft. Oh well. ;)As for the FMC, it's the ONLY gripe I have about the aircraft. ...well, that and the pure pitch-blackness in the rear cabin at night. The FMC would be practically 767PIC perfect, except that it does NOT handle DPs and STARs. You'd better have that chart available and input every single waypoint. Also, wish that in the map display on the glass, you'd have the option to show intersection points in the case where VATSIM/IVAO controllers might ask you to head towards a specific intersection. Unless you programmed in the FMC, it will not (as far as I can gather) show up on your moving map display. Okay, I know I said I only had one gripe. :Dhttp://home.earthlink.net/~chumaster/sig.jpg

Ken,FAQ was updated today, and I am right now preparing a "How to" with FSNAT that should solve the issue on how to have a gate moving when I want, or how can I have refueling truck coming to my plane. Hope to have this ready pretty soon.Next steps would be how to create more complex tasks (how to make sequences of events or create movies...)About SID's and Stars, waypoints should be manually added.Take care,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

It's like I said in my original post "Caveat Emptor" (Let the buyer beware)...This software package does do alot of things, but unfortunatly some of the features were a little misleading. I too thought the animations would be automatic when you arrived at the gate (even if you had to dial in a comm freq vis a vis the Simflyers software). It would be extremely difficult (I think)to get an animation sequence to service your aircraft. I haven't tried it yet but it's worth investigating.I was also disappointed in the quality of some of the factory FSNAT animations. Here is an example... You would think that since they are trying to show off the capabilities of FSNAT they would get it as close to perfect as possible.. alot of them look like they were hap hazardly done to get the product out the door. I also think it wouldn't have been to difficult to add gate numbers. I for one fly "gate to gate" using real world airline gate assignments. It's kinda difficult to find a gate without any kind of markings.The 737 cockpit is gonna take getting used to but it isn't too bad. I only wish they would have included more liveries and an FMC that was more like the 767 PIC. Getting it to do SID/STAR procedures should be one of the primary concerns since almost all major and even minor airports use them. It's impractical to have to reprogram the FMC if ATC directs you to use a different procedure. Guess you can always tell them to hold on while you reprogram each waypoint into the FMC.Well, enough venting for now... back to trying to figure out the 737...Ken