Sign in to follow this  

Real World Weather problem

Hey all, I have been using MS built in Real world weather function for online upload and also Getweather for saving for when i'm off line.I am stuck with a dial up connection due to my house location so therefore i have steered clear of real time weather programs for fear of poor performance.My problem is as follows. I get the message

Guest freequest

what version of windows are you using...Make sure that your MS Explora is not set to offline mode..BTW try active weather the downloads are not very big to have real time weather and the program is free.Im on a modem and i have no problems.

Hey! Thanks for the prompt reply! How do i check the mode of Explorer? I am using Win XP Pro What was that program called and can i get it here?

Guest freequest

sorry its late here so my spelling may be off lol.Ok on your menu bar you will see file click on that if you see work offline ticked untick it... olso if your useing win XP maybe the inbuilt firewall could be causing you problems.. sorry im not to savvy on winXP i use win2000 my sefl.ok the program is activeskyv15.zip serach for that in the avsim file libary.. if any of my suggestions dont help you hopefully someone else in this forum may have a better ideaRegards

"ok the program is activeskyv15.zip serach for that in the avsim file libary.. if any of my suggestions dont help you hopefully someone else in this forum may have a better idea"As one who has recently been there - reinstalled FS2K2 - changed the FS2002.cfg file and generally lost most of my hair the answer is, probably:the WinXP SP1 has been installed - there's a new version of Getweather recently made available at www.bearsoft.de - you need that - the old one doesn't work with the SP1 patch.Worked for me anyway.Steve