Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

100 inch tv Spam? Check it out

Guest GabrielR

Just got this on the email (Junk email) Im sure it is wrong and they just just want my money.Check this link please:http://www.yourownbigscreen.com/Has anyone tried, is there a review somewhere?Thanks

If it is real, it is probably a cheap plastic lense you put over your current TV, enlarging it... taking away all the quality... Jason :-hmmm

Guest Edam

I don't know what this has to do with Flight Sim, but yeah, it's a cheap fresnal lens with a horrible picture that projects on your wall.

Why is someone posting spam links in the FS forum? Is this a new way to reach people that normally filter this junk from their email?The moderators need to take of this and make sure others don't promote products in this manner.

Guest georgi55

Legimate question, ligimate user, legimate topic. What's your problem?

I used to see a smaller version of these things advertised in the back of comic books when I was a kid, along with the x-ray glasses. That tells you something. However, I did try the x-ray glasses ($1.29 + postage) on my big brother's girlfriend. They didn't work either. Fitz

As others have said it will be a large fresnel lens you place in front of the TV to either enlarge the picture or project it onto a wall.I haven't visited that site but purchase something similar from a UK site in the hope of getting some depth of field view in FS.It did work to some extent, the image was bigger but some distoration at the edges. I guess if I persevered with it I could get it better.A number of people do use glass fresnels to get the 3D depth of field effect but the glass ones do cost appreiably more than the plastic ones.Botom line, if you can afford to throw the money away give it a go, otherwise forget it :-)

Guest GabrielR

Thankyou guys for the response. As I Thought this was definetly junk... Sorry if I offended somebody posting the link.... Will not do that anymore...Thanks