Sign in to follow this  
Guest dre777

motherboard and ps suggestions for 2.53 533fsb 850e rambus pc800

Guest dre777

i'm looking to move my dell 8200 processor onto a new motherboard, so that i can upgrade my ps to handle the fx5900. thanks for the helpAndre

Guest dre777

hey Gosta,sorry, it's an intel 2.53ghz processor 533 fsb 478 pin socket, i believe, under system info processor: x86 family 15 model 2 stepping 4 genuineintel 2519mhz, that's all i could find. where should i check for this info.

Hi Andre,one motherboard (amongst many :)) would be this one: http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socket478/p4t533-c/overview.htm. I don't know this particular board, and I haven't read any reviews on it, but generally I found Asus boards to be very reliable.As to the sound problem you mentioned in the other thread, it may not be due to the power supply - Dell currently ships computers equipped with a Radeon 9700 (which also requires a minimum 300W PS) with their proprietary 250W power supplies.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

i recomend the Asus P4PE, its the same as the P4T533-C but its not rambus, its ddr, making it much much cheaper. and the psu i recommend an Antec truepower430