Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP and CH Pro Pedals! Help Please!

Hello Gang!I just upgraded to Windows XP Pro. The OS identifies my CH Pro Pedals and Yoke as being present but whenever I launch FS2002, the yoke works fine, but the pedals are inactive. I have to physically unplug and re-plug the pedals in the USB port so they can become active and sword of awake. Has anyone run into this issue? Would there be any remedies for the pedals going to sleep like this?Thanks in advance for any help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I have had that problem since the beginning.....I am told it may be a usb issue with motherboards-since I will be upgrading to a new one soon I will let you know if it takes care of the problem.(turning the power sleep option off the usb hub did not do the trick either)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Dennis,Did you install the drivers from CH? If so, remove them. The Yoke and Pedals will work properly without the drivers.Rick

Yes - I have the same problem. I thought it was just me, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also find that the pedals quietly 'die' at awkward moments. I've had a number of accidents where the pedals have vanished just seconds before landing.Do you have a VIA chipset? I think the USB support has always been suspect on my motherboard...

jerrycwo4Thaks for the heads-up. I have been flying for 4 years WITHOUT pedals but was just thinking about getting some for my XP computer. After all of this, I'm going to do with out them. ANY way, i have just learned to use the Rudder Tabs ( CTRL + INS or Enter on the number pad to realign myself up with the runway on landings . Using these tabs now even let me have a staright takeoff with my Falcon 50 which, for some reason, always went crooked down the runway. jerry

Hi DennisHad the problem and was beginning to tear my hair out with the frustration. Then someone on this forum suggested installing the CH Control Manager. Did that and all has been well ever since (about 3 months). My OS is WinXP Home. Why not yry it. It may well work OK for you.Best wishes

Guest PhilC

Jerry,Don't let something as minor as this talk you out of rudder pedals. They are worth every penny if you are at all interested in realism and the true 'feeling' of flight.I too have always had this problem although it does seem to come and go. I have just made checking for proper operation from the spot view as part of my pre-flight check. Un-plugging them and plugging them back in seems to reset everything fine (at least with XP). Of course, I have a hub so they are in easy reach. I could see the haasle with rear USB connectors.Still, it's worth it to have my yoke and pedals.

Yes, definitely get the pedals. I sometimes fly on a friend's computer that hasn't got the pedals and it feels so awkward!I had another problem with the pedals and yoke. The elevators would flip up and down without any input from me and the rudder sometimes turned left and then right. I configured and re-configured FSUIPC until I realized my Saitek X45 Hotas system (with rudder) was also plugged in and trying to control the airplane... Now if THAT isn't a user error, then what is...Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest GabrielR

talking about pedals and Joystick (don't have money to buy a yoke yet!) How do I disable the Twist rudder on the Sidewinder Joystick?I just had my rudder pedals, but after 2 yrs with only the joystick, I got so used to twist, that I can avoid it anymore!!!

Hi Dennis,I can confirm that I had the same exact problem when I had a VIA-chipset motherboard. I switched last year to an AMD chipset and poof! The problem went away. I'm also using CH Control manager, and really like it. It gives you a level of control over your CH input devices that is very liberating.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest SD Sim

Having read this thread, I thought it would be worth reminding everyone of one rather unique (annoying??) feature of XP. By default, it is set up to allow the USB hubs to be "put to sleep" if they are inactive. I've posted the steps to disable this function in the past, just search for my login name and you should be able to find the information. In brief, open up the USB hubs in the device manager and find the tab that contains the options for allowing the system to turn off the USB hubs. This is often the solution to the problem, but not always ;)

I have sent a message to CH tech support - see if they have anything helpful to say.The response so far is: Your message will be answered in the order in which it was received. Replies are usually sent in 1 ~ 3 business days. During the Holidays (Dec. 1 ~ Jan. 31) replies may take longer.I'll post anything useful they may have to say.

I had this same problem on my athlon 1400, via board with 2 usb built in. I tried control manager, no control manager, setting the sleep mode off-everything-and could never get it to work except by plugging/unplugging-and even then sometimes it wouldn't work. I also had trouble with a usb printer-sometimes the computer would not even boot if I didn't unplug it.Last week I upgraded to an athlon 2100 with a via Ga-7vax kt400. It has 6 usb connectors.Everything works perfectly now! Cost of the upgrade about $190-worth it just for the pedals to work!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

I am suspicious of the VIA chipset on my motherboard (ABIT KT7A RAID).However, everything worked fine under Win 98, so I'm sure that there must be a software solution somewhere.I really don't want to have to buy a new motherboard just yet. I only built my system in the first half of 2002. My HD has just failed after 6 months, so I've just spent money (and grief) replacing that. If I get a new m/b, then I'll be forced to get lots of other things upgraded too (if you're building what is, essentially, a new system you might as well go the whole hog ;-) )I'm just not in the mood to spend both money and more time on the thing before xmas.Your solution does illustrate that certain combinations of mb chipset/windows xp are at the root of the problem - thanks for the info.