Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Nvidia Geforce 2 Pro Drivers

I have a Nividia GeForce 2 Gts Pro Ultra video card. Is anyone using this card and if so what nvidia driver are you using. Have Dell pentium 3; 1ghz, 256 meg ram. I see there is a new 40.72 released the 11th.. Some say get 1241 or 2080 for my card.Thanks in advanceChuck

Hi,I have the exact same card and have tried most of the drivers. The one I am using now, and very happy with, is the 4072 drivers.Ed

Chuck - I'd go with the 12.41's. (I ran them for a loooong time on a P3/1000 with a GF2 Ultra).I've never seen any later release that is faster and none are more stable when used with a GF2 (the 12.90's are a close second though). Once beyond the 12.xx series virtually all the driver changes are for either the GF3 or GF4. In fact, I found several of the later releases to be worse performers on the GF2. But, of course, the newer drivers are backward-compatible and will work with the GF2. Try the later ones and see how they do for you on your system. You can always go back to the 12.41's.Trip

>Hi, >>I have the exact same card and have tried most of the >drivers. The one I am using now, and very happy with, is the >4072 drivers. >>Ed I am using 23.11 drivers and I think its perfect for the card...Ed, are you able to get 1600x1200x32 reslution with the 40.72 driver?Troy

Hi Troy,I am able to get upto 1600x1024x32. I think this may be a limit on these drivers. The next ones will probably support a higher resolution.Ed

Be aware that the 1600x1200x32 limitation is a limitation in FS2002 and not your video card. My GeForce2 is very capaple of 1600x1200x32, that is as high as my current monitor will go. Also my GeForce4 ti 4600 that I currently use, gets this resolution easily, but it still is not available in FS2002 without a workaroundYou may get 1600x1200x32 in FS2002 very simply. First set your desktop resolution to 1600x1200x32 before starting FS2002. After doing this and then starting FS2002 go to,OptionsSettingsDisplayHardware, and set the 1600x1200x32 resolution that you will find there. This is the simple and quick way to get the above resolution, there are other ways by way of the fs2002 cfg file.

Guest Wizard

I use the 4072's , problem free :)MbWZA

I use the 29.42's. I found them to provide the best image quality on my system. I've tried most of the others, including the 40.72's but none provided the same image quality, especially in regards to AA which is best with the 29.42's.RandallAthlon 1.4 @1.564mb Geforce 2 Pro (DDR)384mb DDRSoundblaster Live 5.1

Guest UweR

Hi, I have had problems with my GF2 Ti and an Abit KT7A board, most likely due to a electric power limitation of the board. I now run Win2000 (XP was a no-go) and the 41.03 drivers (latest officially released version, but not yet certified by MS) and am quite happy with the setup. Runs as stable as it will get I guess, performance and appearance is a lot better than with my old Voodoo5.Best Regards, Uwe

Guest GrantM

Trip,I ditto your experience. Tried other drivers but the 12.41 is as you say for this card.GrantM

tcreagh2Don...what driver are you using for your GeForce 4 Ti 4600 (128MB I suspect)? Presently I am using a 30.82 certified driver...any better changing?Ted Creagh

Howdy Ted,I used the 3082's for quite a while, because I use the E Dimensional glasses, and need the 3082 Stero Drivers as well. I now use the not signed, 3087 driver set and the 3087 Stero Drivers. To tell the truth I can hardly tell a difference, no matter what drivers I use, as long as they are Detonator XP drivers. I have tried the 4072 drivers, and they also work well but not with the Stero Drivers. I had to go back to the 3087 to use my E-D glasses. If you don't use the Stero Drivers I believe one can use just about any driver equally well. I try different drivers all the time just for fun, but I have never found a driver that I could truthfully say, was better ON MY SYSTEM than any other driver.If you get good results from the 3082 driver set, and you should, I would counsel to stay with them. Of course it IS fun, looking for the nirvana of the driver kingdom. :D (It really doesn't hurt to mix your metaphors).