Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Windows XP Second Edition Leaked

Guest Joshieca

Yup I have been reading up on this today also. Looks pretty interesting but I am sure it's still very similar to WinXP. When I first used WinXP (Whistler) back in early 2000, it was a lot like Windows 2000.by the way I am glad to see that NeoWin has returned again.

Ahh nothing like alpha or beta Microsoft OS's! I remember when I had the early Win95 beta before it came out. Every week, my system thought it was daylight savings time and reset the clock! That was the least of my problems back then. The current version of XP is totally stable for me. A change from every other OS version I've ever run. You think things are buggy now, remember back to the Windows 3.11 days where a reboot was necessary basically every few hours :-lol

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I do, but I also remember purchasing Windows 1.0, which I still have in the box. You couldn't run it for an hour becuase there were no applications worth running for an hour. :)Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest outtatimeiii

Yeah! LOL I am also a owner of Window 1.0 and 3.0. I just recently got them out of the box and installed them on my still working IBM XT for the heck of it. Win1.0 only takes 1MB or so worth of HD space and does virtually nothing useful. The most useful thing that Win1.0 does is tell the time.........which is wrong anyway, since my clock battery died. At least I didn't buy Win1.0, it came out a year after I was born. Surprised that the disk hasnt died yet.Shows how much Windows changed since then LOL.

Guest Blueshockeynut

Ladies and Gents,I would go into saying that this is XP SE just yet, the differnce between "LONGHORN" and "BLACKCOMB" is this, Longhorn is going to be the next desktop release, dont expect to see it till 2005, Blackcomb is expected to be the next server release as well, for alot of great information from someone who has an inside track to Microsoft, you need to go to Paul Thurrott's website at:http://www.winsupersite.comHe does alot of reviews for just about every major Microsoft piece of software coming out, go take a look.

Paul's site and NeoWin are my two personal favorites when it comes to Windows operating systems. Between the two of them, you get a pretty good picture of what's being worked on and what to expect.

Guest WorkingStiff

In my opinion Steven Bink's site at http://www.windowsxp.nu/ is even better.He has indepth discussion of Microsoft's releases and you can usually find links to the latest alpha and beta releases.