Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Ariane's 737 GMAX and registration numbers

Guest Lobaeux4

Made the plunge, purchased DF 737 and the America West livery from Ariane. Used the merge from Ariane, took one flight, worked like a champ. Now I've got one question (sure I'll have more later). Finally, the registration number, as typed in on the aircraft setup in FS2K2 menu, shows up on the aircraft. It shows up in black, but the red registration numbers are also present on the fuselage. Anyone know how we can remove the permanent numbers to allow the user specified registration number to only show?Thanks,LobaeuxBTW, this Ariane model rocks!! DF 737 does as well, can't believe I waited so long to pick this up, it may be awhile before I go back to PIC, Eurowings, or PSS.

Yea do not add a N# just leave it blank if you add on it will show up on the aircraft :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Hi there,I presume the plane has reflective textures. If so, download a program called 'DXTBmp' available here at Avsim, locate the fuselage textures in the aircraft's 'texture' folder, import it into DXTBmp, then export the image into your editor (Photodhop or Paintshop Pro), edit out the registration number by painting over it, save (as 'norm.bmp'), close Photoshop, go back to DXTBmp, reload the image, then save in DXT3 format.However, if you're going through all that trouble, you might as well make a few copies of your texture folder, and rename them something like 'texture.N1234AW'. Then just edit the image so it shows the registration numbers you like in the original red font. Then edit the aircraft.cfg so you have multiple aircraft with different registration numbers showing up in the aircraft selection menu. This way you'll have the planes look more realistic, rather than with the black MS font, and still get your multiple registration numbers. Plus it might be easier just to edit a few digits, rather than wiping out the original registration number completely (depends on the background).Cheers,Gosta.

I believe he stated he wants to use the user specified registration. Leaving the line blank would somewhat defeat the objective.Cheers,Gosta.

Guest Lobaeux4

That's right, I'd like to be able to use the specified user registration. I know it sounds petty, but it's one more way to invoke a little more realism, lol. You're right though the MS font is ugly, and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the font and color.Lobaeux