Sign in to follow this  

Wilcos Airport 2002 and frame rates

Guest 737767

First of all, I use a rather fast system: 1.8 GHz processor, 512 DDR Ram, nVidia mobile 64 Mb, 30 Gigs HD.When I fly with either one of the PSS aircrafts or DF 737 or Wilcos 767, I get 25 fp with German Airports, about 10-14 with the highly detailed simflyers airports and just maximum 8 at any Wilco airports 2002!This is on a "Wilco deserted airport" without any static aircraft with scenery complexity set to dense or very dense. When I set it to extremely dense, I see very nicly made static aircrafts, but the scenery degenerates definitely to a bad dia show with frame rates between 2,5 and 5, this is not longer flyable with any other plane than Microsofts default Chessna !!I paid 50 dollars (including 13 dollars shipping from Belgium to EDDH) for that scenery add-on which should not affect frame rates noticiabely. Already the world airport series had problems with the frame rates, but this new product hits all. I am bound to say, I am really disappointed! Any comments (and help), first of all from Wilco are highly appreciatedAndreas (EDDH)

You know. I do remember some little advertisements that Wilco stated.They said something to the effect "little or no impact on frame rates"Someone in another thread had commented on this and they said "Well, I guess they overstated a bit"No. I would said they lied. Plain and simple. Hold their feet to the fire. Make them explain why they said what they did knowing it was not true.No spin zone Wilco. Belly up to the table. Talk to your angry customers. Tell them the next product is free. Something.BobG

you are not the only one who paid $50 for it .I did too. I have to admit at first I did not notice any hit on my performance because I was not looking for or expecting it .I finally decided to take a look when I did a flight from KATL-KORD with my afcad I made.I spent almost 3 days getting it to do right too.I had removed all static aircraft hoping this would make things more pleasent.The take off from KATL was a bit slow but that was expected with AI traffic.Landing in KORD in snow weather my hard drive was swapping so bad that FS actually paused for 45 seconds.At this point I decided to check my FPS because my appoarch into ORD was so bad even with AI traffic turned off now.When the airport was in full view at night no AI my fps was a whooping 5 and 6 in day with the same setting.My settings are never maxed and I only run 1154x864@32 with FSAA 2X.At this point the disappointed and wondering if a repeat of Airports 2000 v3 was coming on.I checked the other airports without AI just static wilco planes.it was the same between 6-8 which is by no means flyable.Most companines do not consider the fact that one might use a PSS of DF etc.i have keep the scenery on my HD but it's not in use.they have been replaced with what I orginally had .Simflyers and GAP. I just do not understand why companies can not THINK when making these sceneries.It seems to me that the only companies out there the even consider performance is Simflyers and the GAP series.Iam sure there are more but this is what I own.If I could get my money back I would.I feel like I have a $50 coaster setting in my room.Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hey Wilco, give him his money back!! Show a little good faith. Folks are not happy here in simland. Yes the awaited product finally reached the shelves and oh boy what a sad day.

Hey, what about folks like me? Is anyone who pre-paid still waiting for the product to arrive? I spoke with Michael Renous via email earlier today and sent him a copy of the original order dated Oct. 29th. It's now on the shelves but still don't have a copy. I have demanded that Wilco overnight it to me. It's the least they could do, right? I'll see if it arrives tomorrow or the next day. I am definitely disappointed having pre-paid and then having to wait listening to other tales of woe. This is not right!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbs down Wilcoi hope your A320 is going to be something which will make up for the disatisfaction from the consumers here

Guest Blueshockeynut

Well I finally got Airport 2002 the other night from the local Gamestop, got home and went right to work, all i can say is I am truly disappointed, not so much in the scenery but in the 737 itself, lets see, one livery, you have to be kidding me right??? At least in the other versions of Airport 2000 series, you had a couple of differant liveries to choose from.I also did a flight going into KORD at night to see what the frame rates would really do, now mind you I am running FS2002 on a P4 2.4 with 512K cached, and 1.5 gig on DDR2100 memory on a Gigabyte motherboard, coing in on the approach to 32L, everything is fine and dandy, then BAM!!!! As soon as I got close enough to see the airport and the night lighting, the system froze for 3-7 seconds, and then you saw the airport, weirdest damn thing i ever saw, when coing into land I noticed the frame rates stayed in the 12-15FPS with everything maxed out, why were my frame rates so high, hell look at the system I am running.My truly biggest gripe though is the documentation, my god is it horrible, in the manual it tells you to look on the CD for the Panel manual, whihc is what I did, needless to say I was horrified when I opend up the PDF doc to find it maybe 5 pages long and showing the 2-D panel of the 737-800 from the Airport 2000 Vol 3 series, your kidding right, come on Wilco, get it together, I also purchased Eurowings the same day and found their manual to be outstanding.All I can say is, Wilco, you have alot of work to do still.J

Hey Gang!I don't mean to start anything bad here - please don't misunderstand what I'm about to say. It has been very clear (through history), that Wilco is not a company that is necesarily worried or focused about providing good customer support. If we all know this, why do we still buying stuff from these guys? I finally wised out and did not purchase Airport 2002 V1 waiting for the community's feedback. I have been burned (severely) by them in the past a few times, not only with the FS series of airports 1, 2, & 3, but also with FLY products as well. I should have learned my lesson and not purchased anything from them after the first time I got burned with Airport 2000 V1, but I kept giving them my money, along with an opportunity to get it right the next time; needless to say, it has not happened.What really gets me infuriated is that there are a lot of freeware scenery developers out there that are putting out some "MAGNIFICENT" GMAX based sceneries which I would definitely pay for. I would pay for these because number one, they look extremely good, extremely detailed, extremely accurate, and yet, operate extremely smooth and with nice FPS's. A good example are the Japan series of sceneries by Kazuhiro Miyazaki.Why can't these payware scenery developers do the same? What in the world are they doing? Am I missing a mjor point in my thoughts? I am open to someone explaining this to me.Just venting! Thanks for listning to my soap!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Stamatis

Hi Dennis,You wrote:"What really gets me infuriated is that there are a lot of freeware scenery developers out there that are putting out some "MAGNIFICENT" GMAX based sceneries which I would definitely pay for. I would pay for these because number one, they look extremely good, extremely detailed, extremely accurate, and yet, operate extremely smooth and with nice FPS's."I would be obliged if you could list the airport scenery designs you are referring to!Many thanks,Stamatis

Hello Stamatis!If you do a search in the AVSIM library for any Japan scenery by Kazuhiro Miyazaki for FS2002, you will see what I mean. Also, look at the latest Canadian sceneries by Craig Mosher and Steve Mosher and you'll see what I mean. I'm not complaining about having to pay for scenery; I am the first advocate for this, as long as it is a quality product, and a product that could potentially surpass the quality or the offering of a lot of the freeware stuff out there. Even the support offered by a lot of the freeware scenery folks is much better that what most payware developers have to offer (with the exception of PMDG, FSMeteo, and the Radar Contact folks).Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Stamatis

Dennis,Thank you for the tips. If you come across more such airport sceneries for European airports too, drop us a note.I fully agree with what you say above.As far as I am concerned, if an airport scenery drops my frame rate to less than 20 fps on short finals, I dump it, no matter how good it looks. Flying fluidly is much more important to me than airport eye-candy. But if I can have both, who is there to complain! :-)Stamatis

Guest 737767

Thanks for all replies! There are definitely many others using fast systems with the same problems... And not everybody can afford a 128 MB videocard. So, the only thing for me is to purchase Atlanta and Dallas from Symflyers, this are the only two airports I had not yet purchased by them.I am sorry to say that, but this time I am more dissapointed of the Wilco product than I was with the Airport 2000 series. AND, I did not receive a feedback from Wilco on this report. I think, one should get back the money when one is unsatisfied with a product (sure, I would pay the shipping costs).

Good thing i waited for user reviews before i bought wilco's newest offering.Thank you guys you saved me some money so now i can go an buy something better.CheersBIK

Hey Andreas!Be careful with the Simflyers DFW. It is as bad, maybe worse than the Wilco's sceneries. This is probably the leastt efficient scenery from Simflyer's. Orlando and Philadelphia are pretty decent, but DFW is pretty bad.Just my 2 cents! Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert