Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilM

NTFS File indexing?

Guest PhilM

Does having this enabled slow down disk access duringGame play...or does it in fact speed it up.Or does it not make any the diff?. :)

Hello,Several Gurus recommend to disable the file indexing, I did !What is the impact on FPS ? no idea ! but it is part of all the services that slow down the CPUHope it helps

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest kilo_sierra17

I have it off as well making sure that the NTFS time stamp is disbaled, can improve HD perforamnce up to 50%!

Guest Grey_Wolf

Ok, how would one go about disableing time stamp? I'm using win 2000 if it makes a diffrence.

Guest PhilM

While I'm here, what about continuous Disk Activitywhen the PC is idle.I have no Tasks running, or virus programs.I have used one of those Programs that show all runingprosesses, and I only really have the essential Windowssystem ones running.Is this constant HD Activity during idle normal?.

Guest kilo_sierra17

Constant, well for me, when the computer is sitting at the log on screen, or I have closed everything and just left my account logged on, no HD activity, maybe the odd blink, but normally nothing, sounds odd, if you have a virus program, run a full system scan, that sounds suspicous.