Sign in to follow this  

Eurowings Professional - Worth It?

I see that Eurowings Professional's English version is now available.Some people have said that they think it's worth it; others seem to have deleted it from their hard drive already. Given yesterday's squawk about overpriced payware, what's the consensus. Do I give it a try? I've been waiting for really good commercial commuter craft so i'm really tempted.

It's pretty good value for your money. The airports are all very well done, though they are not necessarily on the level of the top products like Simflyers. The BAe and ATR panels are excellent with the Dreamfleet FMC thrown in for good measure (it takes care only of LNAV in these aircraft as there is no autothrottle). The Airbus panel is solid, but no match for PSS. Don't get the package if the Airbus is what you're geting it for. The visual models are all very good. The BAe 146 is a brand new GMAX model with all the goodies including flexing wings (see my screenshots in the screenshot forum), the ATR is an updated version of the previously available IADG ATR and it now comes in five different versions, all with the correct props etc. The A319 is again a revised version of the IADG A320. The textures are allvery nicely done and the package comes with an abundance of liveries (there is even an IAE model A319 in United livery). If you're really into commuters, you'll enjoy the ATR and BAe panels. Some of the airports are real gems too, like Tempelhof for which there is no other available scenery. I personally am happy with the package, though I hardly use the Airbus. MishaHere is the link to my screenshots of the BAe from the EW Pro package: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/13295.html

I second that opinion! I got six new major European (where I always fly) airports of high quality, and two great airplanes - the airbus I can do without and I already have the PSS Airbus. But the sound of the ATR' engines is the most authentic I've heard and I will be flying it a lot for sure. Awesome stuff!Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The Bae 146 and the ATR's are IMHO the best available at the moment. The only thing missing there is a virtual cockpit. The A319 is excellent also, and it would have been (one of?) the best if it wasn't for PSS. All panels are very complete, realistic and as functional as the FS2002 engine will allow. The graphics are excellent. The Dreamfleet FMC is a major bonus too. I'm not qualified to judge the flight dynamics, but they feel right to me.The airport sceneries are very good, but not the absolute top. It's mainly Tempelhof Berlin, Dortmund and Olbia Costa Smeralda, which add extra value to the package. For the other airports there are better alternatives available elsewhere.Something worthwile mentioning is the very extensive printed manual that comes with the boxed package (141 pages + airport charts). A rarity these days.Considering for

Where could one purchase this? Is it only in box version or do you have to order it by mail? Plus, I found the site, but it is in German. This makes it difficult to know how to get it.... The screen shots look pretty good. I agree for the different types of planes + liveries + airports, I think this is a duable price for it.But thats an opinion....

>Eurowings Pro is distributed by Aerosoft: >http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/en/ibosh...w270,3144723700 >>You can also order at Simware Simulations: >http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=d...details&pid=650 >>There might be others too, but I'm not aware of them. >>It's only available in a boxed version. >>Paul Thank you for the info... I was afraid it would only be available in box version. I hate to pay for a product and then shipping and handling on top of that.... I will probably look for some freeware...Thanks again.....

It's very good, and you also get blank textures for all the aircraft, and can upload texture only repaints to this site and others.I've just repainted the ATR72 in Binter Canarias colours - because it's the only IMHO good model for FS2K2 at the moment.The package is available in the UK from any Game store - as Aerosoft now have a UK distributor which means their products are getting much better penetration over here.Robhttp://www.btinternet.com/~rob.corp/images/sig.jpg