Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_83

Why is this happening????

Guest jetBlue_83

Below is a shot of my screen. I started geting these pink boxes a few days ago after updating the drivers for my 9800 AIW Pro to the Cat 4.6I first thought that the card might be getting too hot but even after I closed my rrom door and turned on the air conditioning, I still got the boxes whenever I did anything related to generating 3d models. On the regular screen (no 3d apps running), I get vertical bands of pinkish/purplish color.Also: Monitor: Samsung 172x Video Card: ATI RADEON 9800 AIW Prohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81443.jpg

Guest billkunert

I think he's talking about the pink rectangles all over the screen, not the dot near the red arrow. I think I'd go back to my old drivers. You might try some of the drivers at www.omegadrivers.net . I've used his Nvidia drivers with good results and his drivers seem to be respected.RegardsBill

Considering the distortion doesn't cover the whole screen that pretty much rules out a hardware issue.Since you said this only started happening after a driver upgrade, I'd go back to the ones you used before or try the newer 4.7 beta that's floating around. Or as suggested above; give Omegadriver a shot. His ATI drivers are generally pretty good.

>Considering the distortion doesn't cover the whole screen that pretty much rules out a hardware issue.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest jetBlue_83

Which is waht I suspected. I changed back to my old 9700 PRO, and guess what? No problems. Oh well, I'll be keeping an eye out for the next set of cards. Until then, its 9700 PRO for me!!! :)

Hi Ramon,try contacting ATI - I exchanged two 9700 Pros for exactly the same problem, and I had no problem (they didn't even want to see a purchase receipt - you just give them the serial number of the card). They have two RMA options on their website: With the first option they'll charge a deposit to your credit card and send out the new card immediately, and once they receive your card, they'll refund the deposit back to your credit card. The other option involves no credit card, you just send your 9800 back to them, and once ATI receives it, they'll send out the replacement (or repair the card, but that's unlikely). Good luck!Cheers,Gosta. http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest jetBlue_83

Thanks alot for the info!! I will definately look into it; it would be a shame to not be able to use the 9800. FS just looks nicer with it!!:)