Sign in to follow this  
Paul

FsSound.dll

I had to reload MSFS2K2, as my system crashed and the harddrive had to be reformatted. Anyway, I remember a year or so ago, when we all were tweaking this product, that there was a problem with a download of FsSound.dll. This file was contained in a panel download that gave us an error message while the sim was loading. It seems to me the problem was eventually solved, but I don't remember how.I am getting this error message now and would like to resolve it. Does anybody remember how?Thank you Flight Simmers for your help!Paul

There is a line you can add to the fs20002.cfg file that I don't know off hand but a better way to fix the problem is to find the newer version (V1.5.1) of fssound.dll.Its included with some newer panels or Bill Leaming has a copy on his website at http://www.catholic-hymns.com/frbill/Click FS2002 Pictures/Socata TB20GT Panel. There is a link near the top to download fssound. Put the dll on your modules folder and you should be all set.From what I understand Bill will be releasing the final version of the TB20 in a couple days, you may want to have a look at that as well.Hope this helps.Pepe

Hi Paul,Just find the following section in the FS2002.cfg configuration file:(OLDMODULES) <----- N.B. Square BracketsFSSOUND.DLL=1WAICAO.DLL=1RCCP.DLL=1SOARREC.DLL=1If it's not there then add it. The line you are interested in is the FSSOUND.DLL=1 (The other lines are specific to my setup.)Edit: Tip - if you have not already done so install the fabulous Google search engine into your browser by going to www.google.com and following their directions. I use it all the time with IE6 - it's fast (very fast) and efficient. I tried typing in fssound.dll and within a fraction of a second I had a page of links each of which would doubtless have answered your question.Mike :-wave

Thank you Mike!!I sure appreciate how the flight simming community helps each other!