Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skedflyer

using an hdtv ready TV as a computer monitor?

I have an hdtv ready mitsubishi with a 16*9 screen aspect ratio. Is it possible to hook a computer system and use the screen to display flight sim, or other computer images for that matter? btw, for TV, even short of hdtv, the images are spectacularly clear and sharp. thanks...sherm

Guest GabrielR

I have mine hooked up with my tv (which has a lower screen resolution than the PC monitor) for my wife to see my landings from time to time :-). If the Video card has a s-video out, it can be done and even you can tape in VHS!! (I had a couple of landings taped!!)

thanks for the info, now I just have to work out the technical and wife details...:-)sherm

Guest DaveKDEN

Good question. I wonder how much longer it will be before Computer makers will have options for wide aspect ratio screens, and when future OS' will support them??? I long for the day!!! :-jumpyDave

This is a wet dream for me! I have this vision of a monster plasma screen HDTV on the wall, hooked into the computer for flying.

Guest outtatimeiii

I believe my Radeon 7200 VIVO will support the HDTV resolutions. With my current monitor (17" Mag Innovision 770PF) I can do 1280x768 (HDTV or some other widescreen res, but it works on my CRT), but theres some serious distortion unless you resize the height.

hi Gabriel when you recorded the landings on your tape did you also get the sound recordings as well from FS?

Guest GabrielR

The very first recording that I did, was totally mute :-)Then I managed to use the sound comming out of the Soundcard and plug it to the VHS via a conversion wire, that has on one side the regular stereo audio plug and on the other side the dual audio plug of the VHS (you can get it in Radio Shack - not expensive) - I guess I have too much free time! I'd love to have enough money for a 52" flat screen- plasma HDTV, hooked to a BOSE surround sound device... mmmmm :-)

Guest Hugo

C'mon man. One needs 2 other 7 footer at 45 deg, 1 other for each side (count 2 total) and at least one on the ceiling for some king of immersive feelings. THINK BIG :-badteethHugo

Guest Skedflyer

Wow my wife would take me to a shrink if i did that! lolShe think were all NUTS! I'm waiting for my 747MCP and she's laughs at how I run to the mail box after work LOL.She came to my flying club with me for my first solo (wern't married at the time) she fell a sleep in the car and didn't see a thing. But anyways gotta look into a good TV for that purpose but wonder what the best res you can get?