Sign in to follow this  

Why no noving vehicle headlights in FS2002?

I miss the moving vehicle headlights that were included in FS2000. It added a really cool realism effect when flying at night. Does anyone know why its so hard to develop this feature for FS2002? Happy Jet Trails To Youflyking

Guest GabrielR

I heard somewhere that FS2000 moving lights can be added to FS2002. is it true?

Guest C17SimGuy

I don't see why MS hasn't made the "red and white" rivers that are generally seen when flying at night. In the past there have been yellow travelling dots. . .but it seems that someone should be able to adapt the roads to have head and tail lights on them. In flight, the REIL on every runway changes from green to red depending where your aircraft is located, so why can't there be lights on the roads that always display red on the right, white on the left (or vice versa for England/Australia)? If they were moving, that would be even cooler. . .even if it's just on highways. That would make approaches to KLAX, KLGB, and KSNA that much more real as there are ALWAYS cars jammed up at rushhour on the 405 freeway which is right on short final for the approaches to all these airports. Heck, since the cars are barely moving as it is, it wouldn't matter if the lights moved or not. . .it would be more realistic if they didn't move! (I know, because I am one of those poor souls who sits in the parking lot everyday to/from work!) :-P Hmmm. . .any programmer wanna take up the challenge of improving the "dirt roads?" I would be glad to help/learn! -drew

>I heard somewhere that FS2000 moving lights can be added to >FS2002. is it true? I remember using a scenery on FS 2002 that was converted from the FS2000 version, and it had the moving lights. So I guess it's possible.. I wonder why anyone has not added this into their sceneries. It would make a nice touch especially near large airports and cities.

With FSSC (and Airport I think) you can add roads and it gives you the option to have it like FS2000 with the moving lights, and they work fine in Fs2002, I have them in some of my sceneries. I read that since M$ did the roads differently in this version, they did away with the effect.Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Just a correction;The REIL 'Runway End Indicator Lights' are the flashing white lights at the sides of the threshold of the runway. The red and green lights you are refering to are the actual threshold lights.

I get the moving car headlights all the time on the roads in FS2k2, at least where I fly out of (KPDX). The effect is exactly as it was in FS2k.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest GabrielR

WIth default scenery???How did you added them?Please let us know!!

I checked and realized that they came from a freeware addon scenery for Fs2k2 (a KPDX package)... sorry to get your hopes up, I learned somthing new too. :-(

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I must be using the same package as you since I also see the same moving yellow lights. Is it the one with the uncompleted new tower and the B/C concourse still the old way? If so, I have a radius AFCAD with the correct gates that I can send you (still in development though...). I use KPDX for 28R and 21 and 2PDX for 28L and 21. It's a little funky - I have set the rwy lengths in AFCAD to be the same for 21 and 28 in each overlay, that way ATC will assign runways based upon wind rather than length. This causes some a/c to touchdown slightly short/long depending on the rwy but it's worth it to see them come in on 21. I'm planning on adding a third overlay so that heavies will only use 28L/10R.Out of curiosity, what FR are you getting? With AI at 100% (mostly PAI) I'm only getting 7-9 FPS on t/o with PIC on a 1.9 rig with a 7500 card.