Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsfreak2004

Building new system

Guest fsfreak2004

I'm building a new system and I need suggestions on whether i should go for athlon64 or P4 3.2, here is some of the reasearch i did:AMD:mobo: Asus K8N-E DXCPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+/3500+ which one?Intel:mobo: Asus P4C800-DX 875PCPU: P4 HT 3.2GWhich of the above configs is the best for flight sim and are the components i chose good?

Guest SoarPics

"Which of the above configs is the best for flight sim..."If you are building a system for gaming then AMD is the best choice these days. Intel is the way to go for folks who do alot of multi-tasking and/or video/sound content creation and modification.Having said that, the AMD system you mention (754 pin) is getting to be old technology. You should consider one of the 939 pin CPUs, especially one of the Winchester cores. They run much cooler and overclock better. The nVidia chipset family of motherboards are good (consider the MSI Neo2 Platinum for 939 CPU... seems to be quite popular with gamers now).Hope this helps,Greg