Sign in to follow this  

Landing lights splash on fuselage at dusk?

For some reason I don't have any landing light splash on the sides of my fuselage during dusk. I distinctly remember having this but for some reason i don't have this now. Not all the models had it but none of the ones that did have it now..puzzling. Anyone got any ideas about why??I DO have this at night but not during the dusk hour or so.Hornit

Im not really sure but try setting the number of lights slider up to 5 or 6. Not sure.BobG

No Sorry it appears to be an MS Bug :(Internally, flightsim "Tells" the Model and Panel when it is "night time" this is the only time when light effects can be displayed on the model / panelThe Unfortunate thing is "Early Dusk" is not "night time" as far as Flightsim is concerned therefore you get No night lighting effects.. :( You'll see what I mean if you adjust the FS Time slightly forward in ten minute blocks with your lights on ... The Other big Problem is... Apparently MS have decided that "night time" is different for 2d panel and Visual mdl so panel lighting comes on earlier than the visual model This plays Havoc for developers where we try to have panel and VC lighting synchronized, cos it just wont :( our Dash 8 for example ... has vc flood lighting synch'd with the panels own flood lighting BUT when FS decides it's "night time" in the 2d Panel and allows it to light up, it's some time before the VC is allowed to follow suit.Perhaps MS should issue all their programming staff with clocks ??:)