Sign in to follow this  

Problem with Land Class Scenery

This is my first post, so please excuse any mistakes with protocol.I have downloaded 3 different scenery files made with Land Class Assistant.When I fly over this scenery, all I see are blank colored squares.I assume that I do not have one of the display settings set correctly.I am using FS2002 Pro Edition.I have a Nvidia GEForce DDR graphics card.If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate the help.ThanksG Meaux (Mo)

From the problem you describe, it sounds like you are familiar with installing scenery, and have installed the landclass scenery in its own folder.If that is true, then your folder probably contains a scenery folder (where you installed the bgl), and a texture folder, which is empty. Delete the empty texture folder. When the landclass bgl sees a texture folder, it looks for bitmaps there--this is to allow for customized landclass. If there is no texture folder, the landclass bgl looks for textures in FS2002's default location.Regards (and good night)John - Author, Landclass Assistant

Guest Hugo

Thanks John for explaining why not to create the Texture folder. I knew it souldn't be done but didn't realy knew why. Now I do :-)Hugo

Thank you John for your quick response.The BGL file was placed in ADDON SCENERYSCENERY file.However, while looking at the FS2002SCENERY folder, I noticed another copy of the same BGL file in that folder as well.Maybe this is the problem. I will remove the file from the ADDON SCENERYSCENERY folder and see how that works.Thanks again for your help,G Meaux (Mo)

Thanks for the help, John.The problem was having a copy of the BGL file in the ADDON SCENERYSCENERY folder. Apparently, that had the same effect as putting the BGL file in its own folder and adding an empty TEXTURE folder.With your help, I better understand how FS2002 works,Thanks Again,George Meaux (Mo)