Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FS2002 without stereo sound

Guest RonB49

Is it possible to disable the streophonic sound in FS2002? I've blown out an inner ear and use a headset for FS (my wife insists on it). I can only hear the engines from one side of a twin and its a problem when starting the engines -- I can't tell when number 1 fires off.I remember from a previous version that there was a line that could be inserted into the config file to turn off stereo. In that case it was to improve frame rates so it must have been FS2000 :-) Does anyone remember how to do it and will it work with FS2002? Thanks. R-

Not sure about friend, but you could check down at your local Radio Shack for a mono adapter that would plug between your headphone jack and plug. I think that would accomplish the same thing. Just a thought, but someone will probably reply soon as to how to do it easily with an FS config file change.Cheers!

Guest RonB49

Is there such a thing as a stereo to mono adapter and would it do what I want (play both channels to both ears)? The reason that I asked is because I just got a new Sony stereo headset that has a built-in mono/stereo switch. I thought that that might fix my problem but all it picks up is the left channel.Would an adapter, such as you mention, harm the sound card? In other words, is it OK to combine the two channel outputs from the sound card? R-

Guest RonB49

Bump -- I really need some help if anyonne can remember the config file entry to turn off stereo. Thanks. R-

You might also try fiddling with your soundcard settings and the DirextX settings. There may be an option in one of those, depending on your system.Good luck.Mark Underwood(Adelaide, South Australia)

Guest RonB49

Well, the sound quality slider did no good so I'll poke around the sound card and DirectX next. Thank you. R-

Guest RonB49

Thanks to everyone for your help. I did, in fact, go to Radio Shack as Thaeller suggested and found a stereo>mono adapter plug. That, coupled with placing the headset's stereo/mono switch in the mono position, fixed me right up. So far I haven't smoked the sound card. R-