Sign in to follow this  

CH Rudder Pedals USB in Windows XP

Help: I have just installed Windows XP Pro. My CH Products Rudder Pedals USB are not doing much. I can't get them to work now. They worked for one or two flights I think but now are messed up again. I need help on how to configure the controls but especially these pedals. Can some one point me to the right input for the sensitivity sliders also on the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke USB and these pedals?Thanks L WileyP.S.: I took someone's advise and went into control panel, and into the sleep function and disabled that function for the USB hubs. I have a brand new board, new memory, new CPU, and new Operating systemAll help appreciated.Albatron 400+Pro board, AMD Athlon XP 1700 CPU, 384 MB PC2100 Memory. Windows XP Pro.

Guest Louis

I probably can't help you much , but i just basically upgraded with xp pro like you this week and of course my ch yoke and pedals didn't work so i went to the site and they said that there were not any drivers for it yet but to go to win 2000 section of the ch site for a work around -so i did,slapped the drivers in and so far so good but i should tell you i have the ser. plug in type. Louis

Guest nutmeat

You do not need to disable anything or require any special drivers with Win XP Pro. The system provides USB drivers which work quite well, however, with the CH Yoke and pedals, both must be connected directly to a mother board plug and not through a hub of any sort. I have been running this configuration, along with a scanner, printer, modem, wireless keyboard/mouse, a highspeed 80gig external hard drive and 11 GoFlight modules, all on the USB. Everything works just dandy without interference. I do have 8 motherboard USB 1 and 2 ports and two hubs for the GoFlight stuff along with a 4 port plug-in USB2 card.On my Athlon 2000XP, the performance overhead for all of this is minimal with the performance meter bumping between 0 and 4% when nothing else is going on.By the way, in FS2002, with this setup, if you set the device sensitivity sliders for the yoke and pedals (also mixture and prop, not throttle) all the way to the left you will see a marked improvement on the FPS. Control is still extremely smooth and sensitive. I also use FPUIPC to adjust the calibration of the devices; you may want to try that instead of using the "outside" calibrations from the Control Panel of Windows.Hope this is of some helpnutmeat

Great responses. Thanks. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try this, but looks good to me. I'll let you know.

On the direct plugin comment . . . .That has to be your computer I bet. My yoke and pedals are plugged into a hub and work beautifully.They also plug-n-played beautifully with Win XP. In fact, using the CD Rom is a BAD BAD idea. If you try to install the files off the CD Rom in windows XP, Win XP will have a heart attack, reboot your machine, find some files out of place, restore them and burp itself into safe mode LOL.Fortunately I only tried that once, decided the configure utilities were not needed and loaded FS2k2. Took right off with my new toys.Now if I can just get the funds to finish learning to fly in real life . . . . . . . Which reminds me - on an OFF the simulator note -- any Colorado folks out there near Pueblo that fly as well? I am always looking for pointers or a tutor. One can never learn too much.