Sign in to follow this  

My current FS configuration is living in an Athlon 2.1 ghz machine on an Asus A7V133 board with VIA chipset, coupled with a 120gb hard drive partitioned C-D-E.DriveC holds XP OS, DriveD holds FS9 and all other programs freeware and payware relative to FS, and DriveE holds all scenery software.I have recently upgraded to an Intel P4 3.1 ghz on an Asus P4S800 board with SIS chip set. knowing that I cannot simply move the drive from the Athlon to the Intel due to difference in chip set, what steps do I need to take to painlessly and seamlessly retain the integrity of of my current FS configuration? This would include those registry entries necessary for FS9 and all payware items.Any references to past postings on this subject would be appreciated also. My searches are useless.If this is too complex a question for anyone to answer via email response, I would be willing to place a landline call in the US.ThanksDom

Hi Dom,just install your new hardware, then boot from your XP disk and perform a repair install - XP will detect your new hardware and be configured accordingly. None of your other programs will be affected, as the repair install leaves the registry intact.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg